The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
MeAndBubbles
you got the bigger rounder arse and you know it

Yeah I also have a pretty face. Damn, life being me is just too much.

Off to gym.
Reply 381
I'll join in this thread, and perhaps return to it. I've been working on getting fit over summer.

Running 1.2km frequently to raise my metabolism at 7:30am in the mornings, before work. My times are coming down fast.

Run 1: 7 min 59 s
Run 2: 6 min 57 s
Run 3: 6 min 56 s
Run 4: 6 min 53 s
Run 5: 6 min 43 s

When I get back from work (6pm) I'm doing ab work outs daily. Usually two sets until it feels I am being knifed, and subsequently in great pain.

Twice a week I then do weight work outs. Shoulders/ Biceps/ Triceps/ Chest/ Legs. One to raise metabolism higher, and secondly to gain muscle.

Diet isn't great, but it's fine. Milk and oats for breakfast, wholemeal sandwiches +fruit for lunch and dinner that varies daily. No fizzy drink, no sweets, no alcohol.

Seem to be doing ok so far. It's quite a manageable plan, nothing that requires too much effort.

EDIT: 66kg around 5 ft 7. Rough calculations of 13% body fat.
Good Day so far..
Breakfast 9am- Bran Flakes
Lunch 1:30pm- Pasta ricey salad thing i got at work. I was going to get a sandwich but realised they put too much margarine in so thought it would be healthier. The rice was in a tomatoey sauce and the pasta in a balsamic dressing i think!
Snack 3:30pm - 5 jelly babies and 2 chocolates- naughty but nice!!! hahaha
Tonight I'm not sure what I will have for tea but i think i'm going to thw cinema which means i will probably eat lots of chocolate. I will try and not over eat, just enjoy myself!!! lol
Tomorrow i'm not working, but going to the gym at 8am and i might try and do an 1.5-2hrs in the gym including toning then an hour swimming. We'll see!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NEW DIET PLAN:
Bran Flakes or Special K for breakfast. Lunch- Pasta or homemade soup or a wholemeal sandwich (depends on what im having for tea and if im going to the gym). Snacks=Fruit. Dinner..depends on what is cooked. No eating in the evening. Once i start i cant stop. Chocolate 2-3 times a week MAX!
Reply 383
Bored again, so here goes :biggrin:

Breakfast = 2 x wholemeal toast, and a bowl of Coco Pops because I played some tennis so got hungry again...
Lunch = bacon sandwich on wholemeal bread, 3 rashers VERY crispy to get rid of as much fat as possible.
An apple
Pack of raisins
3 chocolate fingers
2 crackers
Dinner will be Spag-bol, then nothing else hopefully...

Drinks = tea, coffee, glass of orange juice and 3 glasses of squash.

You guys are so lucky getting to read that!
My body fat is 30% now on a thing that says 21 - 33 is the desirable range... Think I'm gonna aim for 25% :smile:

This guy at work was commenting on how much weight I'd lost and how I was never really "fat" in the first place... and that he's noticed my jeans falling down and stuff lol!! I said I had ages to go yet and he disagreed and said that I had a really good figure already but if I carry on like I am then in about 2 - 3 months I'd be perfect. ha. And it was just in a friendly totally non horrible/perverted way!

edit: Just worked out I lost 3kg over July... I was aiming for 4 but that's still pretty good! And I can run faster yay!!
Today is going well food wise (getting up at breakfast time and not lunch time seems to be working). Also, I've found out that sparkteens show me how much protein, calcium, iron etc I need and how much I've had through the food I've eaten in the full report.

Apparently, ATM too many of my calories are coming from protein and not enough from fat, but that'll balance out by the end of today.

I really want to have a choccie psread sandwich, but I'm not going to. The chocolate is evil and must be avoided (until tomorrow).

I plan on having a "cheat day" every Saturday because 1) I can't really fit exercise in after work because I'm too tired and I can't do it before because I need my sleep. Also, I just found out that this volunteering thing I'd planned on doing for 2 or 3 hours a day starts at 8am, but at least I get some exercise cycling down there (but no sleep on a Sunday :frown: )

Anyway, I've only had 1 slice of bread today, which is okay (it was wholemeal and part of breakfast). I'm starting to feel healthier just from a few days of eating better (well, eating how I was pre-holiday, or even pre-exams)
Sam o0o
Bored again, so here goes :biggrin:

Breakfast = 2 x wholemeal toast, and a bowl of Coco Pops because I played some tennis so got hungry again...
Lunch = bacon sandwich on wholemeal bread, 3 rashers VERY crispy to get rid of as much fat as possible.
An apple
Pack of raisins
3 chocolate fingers
2 crackers
Dinner will be Spag-bol, then nothing else hopefully...

Drinks = tea, coffee, glass of orange juice and 3 glasses of squash.

You guys are so lucky getting to read that!

How the hell do you manage to do anything eating that little?!
Well, Ive been doing this "getting fit over the summer" malarky and whilst its not been completely fruitless (haha), its not progressed as quickly as desired BUT...

*my body fat percentage has decreased from 27% to 24%
* I know its not about loosing weight or what the scales say, but Ive also lost 6lbs
*I tried HIIT, but I really dont like it, even when I used to be swimming competitively I always used to do long distance, so Im sticking to that. And can now run 1hour at 11.5 on the machine (however the hell fast that is- not sure) for 50 mins continuously...initially could only do 20.

So quite pleased. Going on holiday tomorrow so need to watch the old food intake there, but I'm hoping I'll be able to compensate by taking runs on the beach. Im not looking to "loose weight" so to speak on hol, just no to put on what I have worked off.

Oh and would someone care to suggest a suitable idea for lunch? I cant decide what to make :biggrin:
Reply 388
Hmm I've hit a wall after 2 weeks....
Elondra
Hmm I've hit a wall after 2 weeks....

Mix things up a bit, what sort of exercise are you doing at the moment, and what are you eating?
Reply 390
Keith Lemon
Mix things up a bit, what sort of exercise are you doing at the moment, and what are you eating?

Please don't laugh but I am doing the Nell McAndrew Max Impact DVD about 3-4 times a week. On average I'm eating about 1400-1500 calories a day of healthy stuff and taking less calories than I burn but not sure where I'm going wrong. I think I'm aiming a little too high and want to see results asap, I'm so unrealistic sometimes :rolleyes:

I also weigh myself everyday which isn't very good for me psychologically because if I'm bloated one day then I suddenly lose motivation.:no:
Set realistic goals, so you won't get pissed when you don't hit targets, and weigh yourself once a week on the same day as soon as you get up.

As for the exercise why don't you start running, swimming or cycling instead, you'll probabaly find it more enjoyable and get a better workout from it, and see better results.
Reply 392
Keith Lemon
As for the exercise why don't you start running, swimming or cycling instead, you'll probabaly find it more enjoyable and get a better workout from it, and see better results.

Thought about doing those but;

Running- I've got exercise asthma and haven't run for years,not even for the bus and I run out of breath after 2 seconds and have to keep using my inhaler which I don't want to do.
Swimming-have no money for the pool....
Cycling-Don't have a bike plus the drivers are crazy in my town.

I know my excuses are lame but I don't really have that many options...:frown:
Getting membership at a pool doesn't cost too much!

How about circuits at home, doing things like burpees, lunges, star jumps, press ups, crunches etc each for 50 secs, with a 10 sec rest between exercises for 30 mins, but I guess having asthma could restrict what you can do...
I've been working on rebuilding my fitness over the summer, as it's been shot to pieces by years of sedentary living and MMO playing. I'm currently following the Couch to 5k running program and I've returned to taekwondo training after 2 years out. It's working for me so far, I've lost 8lbs in 3 weeks, which I badly need to lose as my weight wasn't healthy.
Reply 395
That DVD I'm doing has a lot of those but I feel like I'm putting on a bit of muscle and maybe that's why I weigh the same?
Reply 396
Q: Is it dangerous to do weight lifting without having done cardio first?
Reply 397
Keith Lemon
How the hell do you manage to do anything eating that little?!

I don't think it is little though...although it's a hell of a lot less than usual, calorie-wise at least. How about today then...

Coco-pops :biggrin: Glass of orange juice.
Beans on one slice of brown toast. 2 small satsumas after.
2 crackers.
A small Yorkie chocolate biscuit thing. Bad Sam! :mad:
A few cherries.
Dinner is gonna be Greek Salad and bread. Maybe a beer/ice-cream later if I'm feeling really bad.

Joined a gym today, finally :woo:
Miss_Scarlett

Oh and would someone care to suggest a suitable idea for lunch? I cant decide what to make :biggrin:

I don't know all that much about nutrition etc, but I've been having jaket potato with tuna and lettuce recently. It tastes nice and is fairly low calorie. Lday Venom posted a great recipie for tomato soup in this thread. Both require abour 30-45 minutes cooking time, but they taste gooood lol.
steffi.alexa
I don't know all that much about nutrition etc, but I've been having jaket potato with tuna and lettuce recently. It tastes nice and is fairly low calorie. Lday Venom posted a great recipie for tomato soup in this thread. Both require abour 30-45 minutes cooking time, but they taste gooood lol.

The jacket with tuna +lettuce sounds nice :smile: Ive had a bad bad day today. Well, how could I refuse home made Italian spaghetti Bolognese in a jacket potato? :ninja: :biggrin:

Latest