The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Smile-Like-You-Mean-It
what do you usually do at the gym? time, levels etc?
oh and how much do you pay?
x

Usually spend 20 minutes on the treadmill... with varying speeds between 9.5 - 12... Half an hour on the bike on the hill setting on level 12 (or 11 if my legs are hurting)... Then about 45 minutes on the cross trainer on level 14. If I'm on a break from work I only manage 45 mins of cardio.. I'm still trying to work out a cardio + weight routine...

My fitness first costs me 50 pounds a month, but that's cos it's a platinum club and I can use pretty much any ff whenever I want.

Went to the gym five times this week... Would probably explain why I've been so hungry.

I had mcdonalds today (And felt incredibly sick after... not again for a long time!!).
ahhh this thread is such a good idea!
i am starting running and i am going to be cycling! just want to get the ticker in tip top condition!x
Right, i have two and a half weeks until i leave to live in France, and i have a fair bit of weight to lose. I know i wont see much of a difference in two weeks, but it'll give me time to achieve something if i work really hard. So from today i'm going to try realllly hard to get fit and lose some weight and tone up before i go. woo! :smile:
.x.jen.x.
Right, i have two and a half weeks until i leave to live in France, and i have a fair bit of weight to lose. I know i wont see much of a difference in two weeks, but it'll give me time to achieve something if i work really hard. So from today i'm going to try realllly hard to get fit and lose some weight and tone up before i go. woo! :smile:

I've got exactly the same amount of time untill i go back to school. Well 2 weeks and then i go on the tuesday. So I'll join you in trying to lose weight. I also have a fair bit too lose! I have this gym membership thing till monday and i plan to go every day until then. I might get a proper one as that was just a month try out. I've found one that will cost me £25. That includes small pool, gym, classes etc. So quite reasonable. I want to lose at least a stone, i know thats not going to happen in 2 weeks, but i can at least lose 4lbs, if not a bit more!
TODAY:
Toning exercises and some skipping/star jumps?
Work
Gym
Smile-Like-You-Mean-It
I've got exactly the same amount of time untill i go back to school. Well 2 weeks and then i go on the tuesday. So I'll join you in trying to lose weight. I also have a fair bit too lose! I have this gym membership thing till monday and i plan to go every day until then. I might get a proper one as that was just a month try out. I've found one that will cost me £25. That includes small pool, gym, classes etc. So quite reasonable. I want to lose at least a stone, i know thats not going to happen in 2 weeks, but i can at least lose 4lbs, if not a bit more!
TODAY:
Toning exercises and some skipping/star jumps?
Work
Gym

yep, we can lose at least 2lbs per week :biggrin: :five:

today my plan is get up & get ready, it's my day off work so i wont be there today, but to save myself sitting around doing nothing i'm going to go shopping then to the gym to do about 1 hour 30 of cardio, 30mins of weights and sit ups etc, then swim for half an hour! I might go for a run this evening too if its not raining. wooo!
that sounds like a lot!, oh well we will see how it goes! if i only lose 4lbs it wont be too bad, but im sure i can lose a bit more.
if you starve yourself for 24 hours you lose 3 quarter stone.
I've really done badly this summer 9well, not as well as I would've liked). I like the idea of a "Getting fit for X-mas" thread...I find it so much easier to go to the gym whilst I'm at school (two gyms within walking distance).

I've been eating 1/2 healthily and 1/2 unhealthily each day...Which is better than I ate last summer, but not great. I'm going to do some exercise today if/when I stop feeling so breathless and tired.

Can't wait to be back in school - I'm changing gyms (the price of £14.50 a month includes all classes, use of pools and gyms in 4 centres, one of which is a short walk from school and the gym is better than the school gym) and I find it so much easier to eat well and exercise when I'm in school... The stupid thing is I enjoy exercising... Yes, I am very angry with myself.

Oh well, I can get a tiny bit fitter for school in the next 2 weeks (or, in the very least eat well so my skin clears up again).
I've bought a size 10 dress that does fit but is a bit tight so I want to fit into it comfortably by 20th September (when I have to wear it) so I want to lose a few pounds at least by then :biggrin:
I'm wearing pineapple trousers I haven't worn since I was about 17/18 (2ish years ago) and they're too big! None of my trousers fit me anymore... even ones I bought like just over a month ago. Yey. :biggrin: I don't wanna get more though cos soon they won't fit me either. *optimist*
Reply 590
Bloody crap. Why can't I shift weight from my trunk and face? FFS :frown: I'm shrinking, just not there.
Reply 591
My face is still chubby too Tufts.
Reply 592
Bekaboo
My face is still chubby too Tufts.

I'm touching on a size 6 now. Slipped into a nice pair of size 6 pedle pushers in Peacocks yesterday. How low do I need to go to shift my chubby cheeks? :frown:
Aww, Tufts, you have a really pretty face. Your cheeks don't look excessively chubby to me.

I have decided I have the perfect body, and am shielding it from harm with a nice layer of fat and protective squishiness. :yep: :biggrin: Nah, I'm still running every other day, and I'm trying to work up the courage to do circuit training. The nice thing about running is that I can go, come back, face 2 minutes of shame in front of my entertained family [and their various friends who always manage to be around at this inopportune moment], then hide in the shower for ages. I'm wary of prancing about our garden and looking like a nitwit.
Reply 594
ImperceptibleNinja
Aww, Tufts, you have a really pretty face. Your cheeks don't look excessively chubby to me.

They are :frown: I have a round face like my father. I've always had it no matter what my weight is, and I hate it.

Reply 595
I just have a short chin, and no cheek bones. It's ok, I know it's my bone structure and I have to live with it... but I wish I had cheekbones :frown:
Tufts
They are :frown: I have a round face like my father. I've always had it no matter what my weight is, and I hate it.

You look absolutely fine hun. Be proud of your beautiful face - at least it's a pretty one :hugs:
Ugh, not been a good week diet-wise, what with results day and disruption and blah. But I have renewed motivation, especially after realising that I can do it quite easily, as I didn't have any problems in the two weeks before that. It's just that I don't have very many ideas for eating clean (especially as a veggie). I end up eating a rotation of the same five or so meals, for breakfast, lunch and dinner, everyday. Anybody know a site where I can find some good ideas?
Reply 598
Not sure if they're on the website but delia does a good veggie cookbook (I have :biggrin:) so one would guess she's got veggie recipes on the website too. I also use RecipeZaar a lot as it's a user-made one so you can see what people have rated highly, and it counts the calories for you. Oh and if you don't yet eat risotto I recently found a very easy yummy mushroom one on the BBC website - 500kcal ish a go, but if that's all you eat for one meal it's actually not bad.
Rubberband
Ugh, not been a good week diet-wise, what with results day and disruption and blah. But I have renewed motivation, especially after realising that I can do it quite easily, as I didn't have any problems in the two weeks before that. It's just that I don't have very many ideas for eating clean (especially as a veggie). I end up eating a rotation of the same five or so meals, for breakfast, lunch and dinner, everyday. Anybody know a site where I can find some good ideas?

I'm not entirely sure how good the recipes are, but Spark People or Spark Teens (for 14-17 year olds) are sites for eating healthily. They have loads of recipes, but I think you have to log in to access them. But they give all the calorie, fat, protein etc content for every recipe.

Latest