The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tufts
Seriously, don't you think Nandos is pushing it?? I mean, do they toss the salad in fat or something?

I was actually more concerned that you seemed to think some grapes would make you into a whale :s-smilie:

Oh, and thanks BN and meathead for making me read your lurid fantasies...:rolleyes:
sophisti_kate
I was actually more concerned that you seemed to think some grapes would make you into a whale :s-smilie:

Oh, and thanks BN and meathead for making me read your lurid fantasies...:rolleyes:

Any time. :biggrin:
burningnun
Angry Pirate, not Poppin' Pirate. Silly.

Can it, or I'll superman your ass (someone actually did that to one of my housemates at uni lawlcakes)
Reply 983
7 days left,

162-3lbs

still retaining some water, mostly over ab region

however even with the water retention the abs are deeper than before, so be interesting to see how they look once the water has been shedded.
Reply 984
minimo
the man (even hough he blates wants you tuftzors) speaks the truth.
I think you'd completely lose your curves and would look 'skinny' not 'slim' if you lost any more weight. You'll look emaciated.

Sometimes you have to listen to what other people think. We never see ourselves objectively. I frankly feel I'm a whale. But tbh as a size 8/10 and at just under 5'6'' I'm probably not. I would also seriously consider having some fat in your diet. Nobody's saying red meat or whatevs, but how abot stuff like nuts? Bananas are slightly calorific but very good for you.

Awwww you're a gem :hugs:
Reply 985
Hey y'all...

quick question, I don't want to start a new thread for it though!

Today at the gym I was taking it easy as I haven't been for a few days (since last Weds) (and as in...running about 0.5-1 mph slower than usual)...but I was feeling horrendously dizzy and weak, my vision got blurry, I felt disorientated and I was struggling to fill my lungs with air (it almost felt as though I was suffocating)...obviously I stopped!

I ate before I went (about 90 mins before) so it's not lack of food. Does anyone know what it could be/if it's anything to worry about?
Lell
Hey y'all...

quick question, I don't want to start a new thread for it though!

Today at the gym I was taking it easy as I haven't been for a few days (since last Weds) (and as in...running about 0.5-1 mph slower than usual)...but I was feeling horrendously dizzy and weak, my vision got blurry, I felt disorientated and I was struggling to fill my lungs with air (it almost felt as though I was suffocating)...obviously I stopped!

I ate before I went (about 90 mins before) so it's not lack of food. Does anyone know what it could be/if it's anything to worry about?

i'm pretty sure you should drink lots of water before and during, but i'll let people with more expertise than me answer, just i've seen this question before.
Reply 987
Oh sorry, yeah I'd been drinking water...sipping it throughout the workout and beforehand. I'll add that lunch was a bean soup with a bread roll and a banana as well.

I should also add that it started almost immediately...I got on the treadmill and warmed up and then started feeling really odd:frown:
Reply 988
okayz y'all, I've decided I need a proper 'kini body and that I need it by Xmas. No nambypambyness.
Reply 989
minimo
okayz y'all, I've decided I need a proper 'kini body and that I need it by Xmas. No nambypambyness.

You wear a bikini at christmas?

Would have thought it would be too cold.

:p:
Reply 990
Bebbs

maybe she's going to the southern hemisphere

did ya think of that, eh? bebby

and oh yeh as for me, again even more leaner

6 days woo woo
Reply 991
Bebbs

I warm things up when I'm about, oh yah.

(No, I wanted a deadline!)
Reply 992
know the great thing about being asian?

no-one really notices you have a fake-tan on =]

yaay for sunless tanners.
Reply 993
why do ou fake tan if you're asian?!

I didn't even know we asians tanned...I thought we just go 'darker' in the sun i.e. like darker brown as opposed to bronze
Reply 994
minimo
why do ou fake tan if you're asian?!

I didn't even know we asians tanned...I thought we just go 'darker' in the sun i.e. like darker brown as opposed to bronze

you're asian? woo woo lol

and no, i'm very pale naturally, i've actually seen whiter people darker than me lol (albeit they had a tan)

hence the resorting to fake-tanners, but it comes out pretty nice, i don't look fake or anything, just a bit darker
Reply 995
minimo

I am joining you in this. I want to lose about 25lbs...although I probably won't lose it all by Christmas I would like to be well on the way!
Reply 996
sophisti_kate

Some people in this thread were advising the cutting down on fruit because it is 'high in natural sugar':

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=671305
Reply 997
Lell
I am joining you in this. I want to lose about 25lbs...although I probably won't lose it all by Christmas I would like to be well on the way!

It's possible

14 weeks left

that's just over 1.5lbs a week, although fat loss is never linear

get cracking y0 !!
Reply 998
Lell

Good luck!:biggrin: I want to do the opposite and gain 25lb by Christmas!
Reply 999
Tufts
Some people in this thread were advising the cutting down on fruit because it is 'high in natural sugar':

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=671305

Depends,

Firstly yes fruits contain "sugar" but it's a combo of;

Fructose & Glucose (and some sucrose too) and usually in the ratio of 1:1 for most fruits

but to put "fruit sugar" under the whole sugar bracket is as ignorant as saying "all fat = bad"

it all has a place, and it's understanding that place that seems perplexing.

Fruits on the whole, are a decent source of carbs, the temperate climate ones (apples, oranges, etc ..) being better, than the exotic ones - although having said that Mangoes have quite a low glygemic load so it's actually better than having some pasta which is conventionally viewed as being "healthy"

The best would be berries, since they have very low carbs in general, so you can have a lot of volume of them, plus very high in fibre

Not to forget, fruits contain phytonutrients, and all them glorious vits & mins

The only place where I would suggest removing fruits (or at best limited to berries only) would be when you are trying to get VERY lean i.e. sub 7% BF for men and 15% for women

so on balance, don't get swooped into the whole "bad thing, bad that mentality"

Latest