The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL law applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nhya1998
Has anyone received an offer from UCL yet? I took the LNAT in September and it still seems very quiet - perhaps it's a bad sign...

No one has to my best knowledge, I do suggest checking the thread from last year 2019 UCL Law Applicants, I believe they take quite long to send out offers, or at least a few during late November and December.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Two people on the Law Offers 2020 list have gotten UCL offers for law so far. They got an update on Portico the day before changed from Application Received to under consideration.
Hi there! I hold a deferred offer for the school from my application in 2019 (so I’ll see some of you next year I guess). Anyways there’s no need to panic about the silence now. Most of the offers come out really late. In fact, I only got mine around March this year. Hope that helped!
I'm not sure whether a thread like this one already exists, but let me know if it does..

Ive applied to:

- Exeter (BBB offer)
- Oxford (rejection)
- UCL
- KCL
- Strathclyde

Being rejected from oxford is a bit disappointing but oh well.. thats life.. now my mind is to hopefully go ucl (or kcl) because of the london location and i really would like to move there..

gcses: 98888887766a*
a2 pred: a*aa

lnat mcq was rly hard but essay went quite well for me..

lets all discuss our chances of getting in aha n make a ucl 'law alliance' aha
Original post by benny9173
I'm not sure whether a thread like this one already exists, but let me know if it does..

Ive applied to:

- Exeter (BBB offer)
- Oxford (rejection)
- UCL
- KCL
- Strathclyde

Being rejected from oxford is a bit disappointing but oh well.. thats life.. now my mind is to hopefully go ucl (or kcl) because of the london location and i really would like to move there..

oh just found this thread aha
oh just found this thread aha

My Oxford rejection will be coming soon I’m sure. I have my heart set on LSE for law and anthropology to be honest.
Hi, I also applied to UCL on the 6th of October and got a conditional offer today, so of they don't reply fast, don't be discouraged because it's been six weeks on the dot for me, just as advertised on the UCL official site. anyone hear back as well?
Original post by Anonymous
My Oxford rejection will be coming soon I’m sure. I have my heart set on LSE for law and anthropology to be honest.

me too, I also though the law and anthropology course at LSE was very cool, but UCL is also not something to sneeze at. How do people choose between 2 or more good options?
Original post by radumaria2001
Hi, I also applied to UCL on the 6th of October and got a conditional offer today, so of they don't reply fast, don't be discouraged because it's been six weeks on the dot for me, just as advertised on the UCL official site. anyone hear back as well?

whats your offer and stats, if you dont mind me asking?
me too, I also though the law and anthropology course at LSE was very cool, but UCL is also not something to sneeze at. How do people choose between 2 or more good options?

Oh cool did you apply to the LSE course?

Ive applied to:

- Exeter (BBB offer)
- Oxford (rejection)
- UCL
- KCL
- Strathclyde

My GCSEs are 5A* 4A B, I moved school halfway through them and it can be seen on the dates of my Ucas form, by my stupid teachers didn’t mention it on the reference. I was fuming. They probably won’t notice that now. My predictions are 3A* and A* in EPQ, I wrote a legal fiction novella which I talked about in my epq. LNAT multi choice was really bad, and the essay was not be best but could have been worse. Though I ran out of time and didn’t grammar check.

yeah, I also applied, best of luck to you too.
yeah, I also applied, best of luck to you too.

Oh cool, there seems to be so many applicants for so few places 😬. How much anthropology did you fit in your statement?
Original post by Z RF
whats your offer and stats, if you dont mind me asking?

well, I am an International student and I am taking the Baccalaureate, which is graded on a 1-10 scale, with 10 being the best. UCL asked for a decent average of 9.3 +, considering I take three subjects in the Baccalaureate - Maths, Native Language and Computer Science- and a high score on an accepted English Language Diploma such as toefl, ielts etc. I'm not sure what I did on the LNAT though, so I can't tell you that :smile:). Also, why would I mind you asking, this is an online community designed so people like us can help each other, I'm glad I can offer you even mildly useful info. best of luck to you too!
well, I am an International student and I am taking the Baccalaureate, which is graded on a 1-10 scale, with 10 being the best. UCL asked for a decent average of 9.3 +, considering I take three subjects in the Baccalaureate - Maths, Native Language and Computer Science- and a high score on an accepted English Language Diploma such as toefl, ielts etc. I'm not sure what I did on the LNAT though, so I can't tell you that :smile:). Also, why would I mind you asking, this is an online community designed so people like us can help each other, I'm glad I can offer you even mildly useful info. best of luck to you too!

Thank you! And congratulations on your offer! :h:
Oh cool, there seems to be so many applicants for so few places 😬. How much anthropology did you fit in your statement?

Not much, but it was very neatly organised to fit with the law stuff, so i think I am.gonna be fine. Anyway, the study of law has to involve some degree of anthropology if we are to understand the social and political context that laws arise from, so a lot of my statement is pretty intuitive, i employed the art of subtle suggestion where I couldn't write more about a specific idea:smile:) How's your statement in regards to the anthropology stuff?
Reply 36
Just got my UCL law offer today :smile:

I’ve also applied to:
KCL (offer)
UCL (offer)
Cambridge (interview)
Bristol
LSE

GCSE: 99999888A*A*B
A level predicted: A*A*A*

My LNAT MCQs went awful but I thought my essay was decent.

Anyone else received offers from KCL/UCL? Good luck to anyone else awaiting them!
Original post by gnb2001
Just got my UCL law offer today :smile:

I’ve also applied to:
KCL (offer)
UCL (offer)
Cambridge (interview)
Bristol
LSE

GCSE: 99999888A*A*B
A level predicted: A*A*A*

My LNAT MCQs went awful but I thought my essay was decent.

Anyone else received offers from KCL/UCL? Good luck to anyone else awaiting them!

Congrats!

Received offers from KCL and UCL today. Oxford Interview along with Nottingham offer, waiting for LSE.

A*A*A predicted.
GCSE: 9888876A*A
LNAT: went alright I guess
Argh I’m worried. Haven’t even heard back from Durham and now everyone’s getting their UCL offers:/

Hope to god they reply to me soon.
i’m still on ‘application received’ on porticoshould i be worried :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending