The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL law applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonymous937859
I think you would! I personally got A*AA so you will be fine!

Thanks! =)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hi guys, I am a little worried about my application as I made a spelling mistake on my personal statement! Do you feel this would have a huge impact?
GCSEs: 99999987776
A level predicted : A*A*A* and A in EPQ
Had a conditional from Warwick, and an interview at Oxford
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys, I am a little worried about my application as I made a spelling mistake on my personal statement! Do you feel this would have a huge impact?

... This is why TSR gets mocked. Mate you have an interview at Oxford, do you think it mattered?

weird flex but ok

Original post by my_man_123
... This is why TSR gets mocked. Mate you have an interview at Oxford, do you think it mattered?

It really wasn’t meant to be a flex, genuinely been ****ting myself as everyone else seems to have received offers from UCL with lower grades than me so wondered whether they hold such an error in high significance
How does the status on UCL portico change before they give you an offer/ rejection?
Original post by roadtollb
How does the status on UCL portico change before they give you an offer/ rejection?

One or two days before, if you check portico it should say currently being looked at by admissions or something instead of application received. You don’t get an email for this, you just have to check yourself.
Heyy xx
I applied on the 5th of december to UCL.
Had applied to oxford and bristol 5th october.
Got rejected pre-interview from oxford and accepted by bristol before december.
I know for sure my LNATs were not good. My mcq were not great, the essay was so-so; i didnt have many examples to use. Had to make an official complaint for couple reasons regarding my examination conditions. Was told allowances would be made, but i still feel i messed up so bad that it wont help :frown: . But i feel like my personal statement might not be good enough for them to overlook the LNATs issue.
Maybe im overthinking this.
I got predicted 3A* though (which i probably wont get).
Im just really scared. I wanna get in so bad.

Also, just a quick question which might sound stupid but..... are the LNAT questions the exact same for every single individual that takes it?

Congrats to anyone that got offers btw!

It really wasn’t meant to be a flex, genuinely been ****ting myself as everyone else seems to have received offers from UCL with lower grades than me so wondered whether they hold such an error in high significance

I am really scared too my application shows received and I know that I haven't done so great on my LNAT as I got a rejection on the basis of that for my application in KCL I am really worried
Just got my rejection, I was rejected from oxford too pre-interview so could’ve been my lnat. A tad gutted right now !!
Original post by lalot123
Just got my rejection, I was rejected from oxford too pre-interview so could’ve been my lnat. A tad gutted right now !!

Oh god, I’m sorry to hear that! If it’s not too much to ask, would you mind saying if the email said the reason for rejection?

Awww sorry to hear that sweetie. Hooefullly you will find a university and be happy in the end
Original post by Euphoria101
Oh god, I’m sorry to hear that! If it’s not too much to ask, would you mind saying if the email said the reason for rejection?

No, the email was just from track telling me to check! I’ll probably contact them directly and ask, best of luck with your application though!!
No, the email was just from track telling me to check! I’ll probably contact them directly and ask, best of luck with your application though!!

Thank you, hope you get on well with your other choices!

That’s gutting I’m sorry. So you have other offers? Also if you don’t mind what where your stats?
That’s gutting I’m sorry. So you have other offers? Also if you don’t mind what where your stats?

I’ve had a conditional from Manchester and an unconditional from Lancaster if firmed. Predicted grades were A* A* A (Biology, English Lit, French) and 999999887 for gcse
I’ve had a conditional from Manchester and an unconditional from Lancaster if firmed. Predicted grades were A* A* A (Biology, English Lit, French) and 999999887 for gcse

You have really good stats! What was your fifth option?
You have really good stats! What was your fifth option?

Lse, haven’t heard back yet but I’m not feeling too optimistic haha

Just found out that it’s because of my LNAT essay
Just found out that it’s because of my LNAT essay

Ah I’m sorry to hear that, but realistically with your academic profile you’ll be great wherever you end up!:biggrin:

Good luck! I appreciate you telling us the reason!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending