The Student Room Group

Does anybody know Universities that accept BTEC Level 3

Hey My name is Keval
I finished my BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT in july 2019.

I am looking for Universities outside UK which will accept BTEC Students for the Undergraduate course of Computer Science or Cyber Security.

I have been searching for long but haven't been able to find a single university outside of UK that accepts BTEC students.

Please help me find Universities that Accept BTEC in any other countries such as Canada, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Spain, etc.

Scroll to see replies

I don't think BTEC's are as recognized internationally as they are across the UK. Good luck on your search though.
Most uni's accept BTEC Level 3 but it just depends on your grades you've achieved from it, I just finished a 2 year Level 3 course and I am now looking for uni's that accept MMP for Digital Media, good luck with your search :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by davidosullivan
Most uni's accept BTEC Level 3 but it just depends on your grades you've achieved from it, I just finished a 2 year Level 3 course and I am now looking for uni's that accept MMP for Digital Meidia, good luck with your search :smile:

I got good grades but still most Canadian unis say they dont take btec. I got a Triple Distinction (DDD)
Original post by keval009
I got good grades but still most Canadian unis say they dont take btec. I got a Triple Distinction (DDD)

I dont know about outside the uk but most universities accept Btec within UK although you sometimes also require an A level in Maths or a science for mathematical or science based courses
Does anyone know any unis that accept MMP?
Try this put in course you are interested in and change A levels to btec
https://www.whatuni.com/degrees/courses/
Reply 7
Does anyone know any unis that accept MMP?

I know some that are in UK. Let me know if you need the names
I know some that are in UK. Let me know if you need the names

Yes please! I've applied to South Wales uni so far that's it
what subject

I won't lie I don't thin you are looking hard enough. I did a Level 3 BTEC diploma and I got D*D*D* and got into uni to study physiotherapy. I did my research and there are loads of uni's that accept it. it took a lot of time to make my list but you have to go onto the website search the course you are interested in a look at the entry requirements. most unis nowadays say weather they accept BTEC's or not
Original post by brotherisgone
I won't lie I don't thin you are looking hard enough. I did a Level 3 BTEC diploma and I got D*D*D* and got into uni to study physiotherapy. I did my research and there are loads of uni's that accept it. it took a lot of time to make my list but you have to go onto the website search the course you are interested in a look at the entry requirements. most unis nowadays say weather they accept BTEC's or not

I've looked on the UCAS site and the Uni's they're showing are looking DDM or MMM.
I've looked on the UCAS site and the Uni's they're showing are looking DDM or MMM.

look on the actual uni website or send an email to them. you won't know unless you ask. if they are asking for MMM at the very least surely you should have a chance of getting in?
Original post by brotherisgone
look on the actual uni website or send an email to them. you won't know unless you ask. if they are asking for MMM at the very least surely you should have a chance of getting in?

I probably wont, but applying for South Wales and Bedfordshire as they accept MMP for Digital Media Journalism
Reply 14

There is
1. University of Greenwich
2. University of Derby
3. Staffordshire University
4. Liverpool John Moores University
5. Shefiled Hallam University
6. University of Gloucestershire.

I have a whole PDF list of like 6 pages. Send me your email and let me send it to you. Or let me know how i can share it in this site..
There is
1. University of Greenwich
2. University of Derby
3. Staffordshire University
4. Liverpool John Moores University
5. Shefiled Hallam University
6. University of Gloucestershire.

I have a whole PDF list of like 6 pages. Send me your email and let me send it to you. Or let me know how i can share it in this site..

email: [email protected]- so far I've applied for South Wales and Bedforshire!
Reply 16
email: [email protected]- so far I've applied for South Wales and Bedforshire!

I sent the email. Check
I sent the email. Check

No worries. Are you sure Liverpool accepts MMP? I just checked and there points are 104.
Reply 18
No worries. Are you sure Liverpool accepts MMP? I just checked and there points are 104.

On the website it will show their requirements but just email them and they will easily say yes for MMP.. University of Greenwich had a requirement of MMM and my freind emailed them and they accept him for MMP. So why not just give it a try
On the website it will show their requirements but just email them and they will easily say yes for MMP.. University of Greenwich had a requirement of MMM and my freind emailed them and they accept him for MMP. So why not just give it a try

No worries! Will do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending