The Student Room Group

Bank of England 2019/2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by easyaspirsquared
Yeah, my hypothesis is there is a general pass mark (similar to that done by the civil service fast stream) and those waiting to hear back have passed that, and once all ACs are done they will review everyone and make a final decision. I think this because from what I have seen there has only been rejections, not offers, and these rejections happened pretty quickly making me think they must've just not reached a general pass standard

I think this system works perfectly if we were all applying to the same position. I am however confused about how they could possibly compare candidates applying to different streams altogether.
(It would absolutely explain the delay though)
I just received an offer for supervision !
Original post by LVS2019

Big congratulations! You must be delighted. Can scrap my theory now then😂
Reply 183
Original post by LVS2019

Great news!!! Congrats!!! I am curious did they ask you to confirm/accept the offer or anything? (Trying to test the reserve list hypothesis haha)
No they said I have a week to accept or confirm from tomorrow
Original post by LVS2019

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Did they call you? Or was it via email? How long ago was your AC?
Original post by LVS2019
No they said I have a week to accept or confirm from tomorrow

Also really stupid question, but you have to accept over the phone or via email? Did they say how signing contracts work? Do they need references?
Hello!, I have my video interview for degree apprenticeships. It says it will question my analytical skils. Anyone KNow how so?
Original post by DWatsonJ
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Did they call you? Or was it via email? How long ago was your AC?

Thank you !! And they called me. My AC was on the 21st Jan
Also really stupid question, but you have to accept over the phone or via email? Did they say how signing contracts work? Do they need references?

Accept through the portal I think like online. And nope don’t think so.
Hi I've just done my my video interview how long till I hear back from the bank?
Original post by LVS2019
Thank you !! And they called me. My AC was on the 21st Jan

Oh man, I’m sure I’ve been rejected. My AC was a week before yours
Oh man, I’m sure I’ve been rejected. My AC was a week before yours

How long did it take for you to hear back from your video interview?
Original post by Yahya8086
How long did it take for you to hear back from your video interview?

1 week
Original post by LVS2019
Accept through the portal I think like online. And nope don’t think so.

This may seem like a strange question but when they gave you the offer did they say what division you would be in or literally just give you an offer for supervision?
Original post by ImAbremoaner
This may seem like a strange question but when they gave you the offer did they say what division you would be in or literally just give you an offer for supervision?

Specific division
Original post by LVS2019
Specific division

Ahh ok, congrats btw!! Have you applied for much else? Also would you mind sharing what division it was? Testing a theory whether people find out at different times depending on the division they get assigned to.
Anyone else heard back? Pretty sure all ACs are now done
Anyone else heard back? Pretty sure all ACs are now done

Are they? I only did my interview on Monday
Original post by Yahya8086
Are they? I only did my interview on Monday

for the grad programme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending