The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sabertooth
How do you guys get over social anxiety? I'm meant to be going to sports practise in a couple of hours (yeah bad practise time I know) but I literally can't. I've already thrown up, I feel like such a failure I can't do it but I'm so scared of them, ******* up and just going I don't even know what I'm scared of it's totally irrational. I'm such a loser I can't do it. I can't even call them up I hate talking on the phone. Does anyone know what to do? :cry: I'm not ready for uni what am I doing? I can't even go to hockey practise how am I meant to be around people all day everyday at uni? I'm such a moron. :frown:

:hugs:I really really wish I could help. This is exactly how I've been feeling lately about everything too... but other than letting you know you're not alone, I don't know anything to suggest. :frown:

And also :hugs: for becki. Want to chat?
Reply 2861
Sabertooth
How do you guys get over social anxiety? I'm meant to be going to sports practise in a couple of hours (yeah bad practise time I know) but I literally can't. I've already thrown up, I feel like such a failure I can't do it but I'm so scared of them, ******* up and just going I don't even know what I'm scared of it's totally irrational. I'm such a loser I can't do it. I can't even call them up I hate talking on the phone. Does anyone know what to do? :cry: I'm not ready for uni what am I doing? I can't even go to hockey practise how am I meant to be around people all day everyday at uni? I'm such a moron. :frown:

:hugs: can you get a friend to go with you to give you some support? If not could you text someone to say you're not going? xx
Reply 2862
I don't even know what's wrong. I feel like a pathetic whining bitch and I hate myself for it. I'm fed up with myself and just want to hurt myself as a punishment but I ought to wait for another week until that. I don't know, I guess I've just had enough. 5 years is a long time and I'm not sure I can put up with much longer of this.
I feel so sad tonight :frown:

:hugs: for becki, do you want to talk.
and :hugs: saber and NIY
i am sooooooooo scared :frown: i can't stop crying :frown: dont want to leave home now. everyone will hate me and life in my house will be hell. i can just imagine it now. argh! :frown:
Reply 2866
becki08
I don't even know what's wrong. I feel like a pathetic whining bitch and I hate myself for it. I'm fed up with myself and just want to hurt myself as a punishment but I ought to wait for another week until that. I don't know, I guess I've just had enough. 5 years is a long time and I'm not sure I can put up with much longer of this.

:hugs: We all need to let emotions out, you shouldn't feel bad about sharing them.

Bangers+Mash
I feel so sad tonight :frown:

Whats wrong? Moving out to uni?

*pink_sapphires*
i am sooooooooo scared :frown: i can't stop crying :frown: dont want to leave home now. everyone will hate me and life in my house will be hell. i can just imagine it now. argh! :frown:

I felt the same when i first moved out to uni, but you will see just how friendly people are when you get there :smile: I'm sure you will do great when you get there, just don't give up hope! :hugs:
Harv616

Whats wrong? Moving out to uni?

No :frown: I wish, i have another year before that, if i even get into uni at this rate im not.

Im so annoyed and bored of everything and at everyone.
I didnt go into college on friday, did one of my so called "friends" ask to see where i was. No.
I wish i was leaving for uni, i really wish. so i can leave this place for ever.
*pink_sapphires*

I hope today goes well for you. Things will be ok :hugs:
Good luck everyone else whos moving today too!
:bawling:
starchild
:bawling:

:hugs: Whats wrong?
Why am such a mess :frown: :bawling: im still ill and tired and uni starts on monday and i havent done much reading because i have no motivation :bawling:
:hugs: try not to get yourself in a state, remember, uni starts on monday...which means its still the holidays, its hard to be motivated during the summer for work! I didnt have any motivation until i got back to college so things might be better when you start.
Just take each day as it comes, get a few early nights and just take things easy. Also my favourite combination...In bed, with a book and a cup of tea. Always helps me to relax :smile:
Thanks for the hugs and stuff last night guys, I didn't go in the end but emailled instead. :hugs: everyone. Feel like a bit of a failure, still, there's next week to try again.

Starchild, have you tried looking on the internet for summaries of what you need to read, of course it's not as good as actually reading it but when you've got no motivation/concentration/etc it might be helpful to get the basics?
Does anyone else just feel totally detached from everything sometimes? I am just so exhausted and feel nothing, but just feel on the verge of tears all the time. I know I'm not gonna see any of my mates from back home till christmas, but I'd rather crawl into bed and cry than go out.

I'm kinda worried about uni friends as well.. I only really get on with one of my housemates.. but shes become really close to her coursemate- who treats me with utter disdain and like im a complete werido- so cant see so much of her. The people on my course have moved in with their mates, and I just feel like they have no reason to see me anymore... I feel more like an intrusion than a friend. Grrrrr I'm so pathetic. Sorry. :banghead: :sigh:
Reply 2875
:hugs: *cuddles everyone* I'm really sorry I haven't been here as much for all of you recently and haven't been replying to individual posts. I feel really bad about it but I can't get my head to work. I do think of you all a lot though.

I'm in a weird mood this evening. Just filled in my forms to register with my GP and it's quite funny seeing the number of diagnoses written down. Well not really but you know what I mean. They could probably put a load more down for psychological problems too but I'm quite happy avoiding the BPD label (although I'm sure I've got it and it's been mentioned to me by my private psychiatrist - therefore isn't on my NHS records thankfully) as well as any others. I probably shouldn't have drunk tea so close to going to bed because now I'm wide awake and in a hyper mood which isn't good at this time of night (leads to impulsiveness and bad things because I find inappropriate things funny). Anyone around to want to calm me down and have a chat? I'm quite happy to try and help them or just talk about random general stuff.

becki08
:hugs: *cuddles everyone* I'm really sorry I haven't been here as much for all of you recently and haven't been replying to individual posts. I feel really bad about it but I can't get my head to work. I do think of you all a lot though.

I'm in a weird mood this evening. Just filled in my forms to register with my GP and it's quite funny seeing the number of diagnoses written down. Well not really but you know what I mean. They could probably put a load more down for psychological problems too but I'm quite happy avoiding the BPD label (although I'm sure I've got it and it's been mentioned to me by my private psychiatrist - therefore isn't on my NHS records thankfully) as well as any others. I probably shouldn't have drunk tea so close to going to bed because now I'm wide awake and in a hyper mood which isn't good at this time of night (leads to impulsiveness and bad things because I find inappropriate things funny). Anyone around to want to calm me down and have a chat? I'm quite happy to try and help them or just talk about random general stuff.

hi becki, im happy to hear your evening is going ok, dont let little things bother you on the forms etc. Nothing wrong with being in a hyper mood.
Im around for a bit if you want to talk.
Do you have msn, i dont think i've got you on msn.
Hello becki, :hugs:

I'm around if you want to chat, either here on msn. :hugs:
Reply 2878
*goes to add Luke to msn and say hi to him and jonathon* :hugs:
ive realised what a complete prat ive been :cry:

Latest