The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It'll be fine, and anyway isn't NHS Direct 0800? I think from what my optician said, if they persisted I'd have to be referred to a hospital anyway, so it'll just end up being worrying and taking ages apart from everything else!
Reply 581
Oh yeah, I didn't think about that! Oops, sorry!

You should still get checked out though. :hugs:
Thanks wes, I'll take a look!

And Becki, I probably should but I doubt it's going to be major!
raspberrybubbles
No, it's the only way in nowadays. Used to be a local number then they decided they wanted to make money out of us all. And it's just various things, diziness and shooting head pains, but I can live with them!

If you want to try and find a geographical number, this website: http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php finds the number you need, which will be covered by your contract :smile:
It isn't on, the docs one, but I've bookmarked it for future reference :wink: Thanks you two! :smile:
Reply 585
Thanks for that site wes. That looks really good.
Hey guys, people ok?

I was just wondering if anyone else has really big problems concentrating? Like I can hardly read more than a few lines, if I'm having a conversation with someone I forget and lose track of it etc. Does anyone else have this problem? Seems to of got a lot worse recently.
Reply 587
Me!!

My concentration span is about zero. It's been a little bit better recently but goes away when I'm feeling bad. That's why I haven't really been able to read posts the last few days because I can't concentrate on reading them all.

It used to be really really bad though because I'd be in the middle of talking to someone and then I'd drift off and forget I was saying anything at all.
yay I'm glad it's not just me although it's bad you have it too. Do you know if doctors can give you anything for it? Meant to start uni in september, have my reading list and it's just not happening atm.
Reply 589
My anti-depressants have helped quite a bit with it. It's worth talking to them about it and seeing if there's anything they can do. :hugs:
hummm...I'll mention it, thanks. My ADs just seem to have made it worse if anything.

You feeling any better from earlier? :hugs:
Reply 591
:hugs: Are they helping your mood though?

Hmm, I don't know. Maybe a little bit.
becki08
:hugs: Are they helping your mood though?

Hmm, I don't know. Maybe a little bit.

Not really. Still very suicidal, planned everything out just waiting for the right date. Crying loads, etc.

A little is better than nothing I guess:hugs:
Reply 593
:hugs: Maybe ask about changing them. I hope you don't carry out your plans. :hugs:
I still have just over a month also only recently started these so they won't work yet. Tried so many and none work, I think I'm immune or something. But thanks, I'll see next time I talk to psych. :hugs:
Reply 595
Give them a while longer, mine didn't start working for a while. Which ones are you on? Don't give up hope on them, just because some don't work, it doesn't mean others won't :hugs:
Not when you've been through like 10 so far. Currently on effexor which just makes me dizzy and even less sleep. :frown:
Reply 597
:hugs: there might be others that help though sweetie, don't give up :hugs:
Well, like I said, I still have a month to test these out.

:hugs: thanks becki. :smile:
Reply 599
Yeah I hope they start working for you soon. And no problem :smile: :hugs:

Latest