The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not Invented Yet
It's horrible when it suddenly hits you that being ill has actually properly messed things up. I haven't been at school since September so I've obviously missed the boat in terms of uni applications, so now all my friends are getting interviews and offers and I am stuck here knowing I'll have to spend all of next year still mouldering away in this little town, totally alone while all my friends are off having a brilliant time at uni. All my life I've had such a solid plan and now it's all fallen away. It's not supposed to be a big deal, I can still apply next year when I've finished my A Levels, but that doesn't seem very comforting at the moment.

Lots and lots of self-loathing going on here. But I've pretty much stopped the SH, which I guess is a good thing. It wasn't working any more.

Don't worry. One of my friends has ME (or is it MS? I always forget which one's which :redface:) and she's had to repeat her final year at the same school. I've got several who are taking gap years, and whilst, yes, some are annoyed that they did, they're mainly saving up money for next year! It seems that if you do something interesting on a gap year you'll inevitably find something to start a conversation about, so use it to your advantage. It's just a hiccup.

Well done on stopping the SH. :hugs:
Not Invented Yet
It's horrible when it suddenly hits you that being ill has actually properly messed things up. I haven't been at school since September so I've obviously missed the boat in terms of uni applications, so now all my friends are getting interviews and offers and I am stuck here knowing I'll have to spend all of next year still mouldering away in this little town, totally alone while all my friends are off having a brilliant time at uni. All my life I've had such a solid plan and now it's all fallen away. It's not supposed to be a big deal, I can still apply next year when I've finished my A Levels, but that doesn't seem very comforting at the moment.

Lots and lots of self-loathing going on here. But I've pretty much stopped the SH, which I guess is a good thing. It wasn't working any more.

Well done on stopping the SH.
Im just glad i got another go at things.
Its all been going downhill lately though.
I cant really go down that route again im not sure i could take it after everything thats gone on - im good at bottling stuff up though.
My plan was nearly demolished but somehow i sort of pulled it back but not yet.
kiss_me_now9
Don't worry. One of my friends has ME (or is it MS? I always forget which one's which :redface:) and she's had to repeat her final year at the same school. I've got several who are taking gap years, and whilst, yes, some are annoyed that they did, they're mainly saving up money for next year! It seems that if you do something interesting on a gap year you'll inevitably find something to start a conversation about, so use it to your advantage. It's just a hiccup.

Well done on stopping the SH. :hugs:

Thank you. I guess the only reason I'm looking at it so negatively is that I can't imagine being better and being able to get on with life. When I am better (or at least, when I can function in the world :rolleyes: ) I will probably realise how silly it was to worry so much about having to take a gap year.

How are you, anyway? (Pleased to "meet" you, by the way.)
Not Invented Yet
Thank you. I guess the only reason I'm looking at it so negatively is that I can't imagine being better and being able to get on with life. When I am better (or at least, when I can function in the world :rolleyes: ) I will probably realise how silly it was to worry so much about having to take a gap year.

How are you, anyway? (Pleased to "meet" you, by the way.)

Pleased to meet you too :smile: So-so today.

If it's anymore consolation I'm now wishing I'd taken a gap year. I was discouraged from it by my parents because of my lack of ideas... But now I'm wishing I'd just said no, I'm doing it, let me go off! Ah well. Such is life.
i feel ill to the verge of puking this morning. but it's not a hangover. don't know what it is.

those of you who want to get fit - play DODGEBALL! finally i've found a sport i enjoy!
Pocket Calculator
You have to move on. I can't stress it more. Honestly, I know how agonisingly hard it is, but dwelling on the past only makes things worse. Spend more time with friends if possible. You need to take your mind off it, and get yourself into some situation or routine that makes you happy for the time being.

I'm trying to but I really really don't want to move on. I don't want to face up to the fact that I'm not with him. I'm convincing myself that everything will be alright in the end because I can't bear the thought of losing him. I don't know what makes me happy, but right now I just want to see him and I can't. I don't care about anything else anymore.
argh, i just typed out such a long message, pressed backspace and instead of it removing the last character, it went back a page and i lost it :frown:

got to go out now but i'll post when i get back. need to get a few things out today. not feeling great at all.

:hugs: for all. x
*pink_sapphires*
argh, i just typed out such a long message, pressed backspace and instead of it removing the last character, it went back a page and i lost it :frown:

got to go out now but i'll post when i get back. need to get a few things out today. not feeling great at all.

:hugs: for all. x

:hugs:
I'm going to trampolining tomorrow night!!!!!!!! Woooooo!!!! I'm going back to sport. Oh my god Im so so relieved.
Reply 5989
Yay, VSM :biggrin:

I bought immense new shoes today. They rock. Who needs men when there are overpriced shoes to be had?

And I'm sending off my first applications tomorrow. Hopefully someone will want me.

I'm going to the gym after I collect laundry and then hopefully work steadily all evening. Tomorrow is a friend's bday and I am looking forward to that tooooo.

I hope other people had good days too :biggrin:
Reply 5990
Pocket Calculator
i feel ill to the verge of puking this morning. but it's not a hangover. don't know what it is.

those of you who want to get fit - play DODGEBALL! finally i've found a sport i enjoy!

:hugs:

have some :tea:

:yep:
mini, pic of the shoes or it's not true! Shoes make me sooo happy too. Gymnastics, shoes, men, and cats. That's all I need to be happy. And a valium prescription.

Poll to choose which leotard I wear tomorrow (yes I'm excited): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=779869
Reply 5992
vapid slut magician
mini, pic of the shoes or it's not true! Shoes make me sooo happy too. Gymnastics, shoes, men, and cats. That's all I need to be happy. And a valium prescription.

Poll to choose which leotard I wear tomorrow (yes I'm excited): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=779869

\Kurt Geiger ballerinas but in a mauvey-pinky-peachy colour. I hearts them. now if only summer would start so I could WEAR them.

I'm having a bling thing atm.
ooooo pretty. i like.
bling is hot. they'd look so cute with black skinny jeans and big knits.
Reply 5995
Yeah, I've recent started wearing skinnies, so will deffo be wearing them with em. In fact I may wear them with skinnies tomorrow night if it isn't pissing down.
My housemate Sarah things depression and sadness are the same thing :frown: I hate how ignorant people are. I thought she would know better as her parents have brought her well. But oh well. Ive been feeling so low today :frown:
starchild
My housemate Sarah things depression and sadness are the same thing :frown: I hate how ignorant people are. I thought she would know better as her parents have brought her well. But oh well. Ive been feeling so low today :frown:

:console: Wanna' talk?
jonathan122
:console: Wanna' talk?

im appearing offline on msn if you do. or do you want to chat on here?
Reply 5999
starchild

*snuggles* :hugs: If you want to talk then you can PM me if you want. xx

Latest