The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*pink_sapphires*
Haven't read all posts since the weekend so not entirely sure how everyone is, however, Laus, I think you should do what you think is best. Personally, I'd take the leave of absence but that's just me.

Feeling really really low tonight. Just want someone to be here and care about me. Gav's got a friend going to visit him in Cyprus in April (he's just booked the flights) and I can't help but feel jealous which is pathetic. I'm starting to feel selfish because I want someone to care and to be important to someone. Maybe my family are right, I'm just a stupid selfish bitch who'd be better off dead :frown:

:frown: You're important to us. :hugs: And I'm sure that you're family care too (though they sound pretty crap at showing it sometimes :s-smilie:).

How was your birthday?
Reply 6981
*pink_sapphires*
Haven't read all posts since the weekend so not entirely sure how everyone is, however, Laus, I think you should do what you think is best. Personally, I'd take the leave of absence but that's just me.

Feeling really really low tonight. Just want someone to be here and care about me. Gav's got a friend going to visit him in Cyprus in April (he's just booked the flights) and I can't help but feel jealous which is pathetic. I'm starting to feel selfish because I want someone to care and to be important to someone. Maybe my family are right, I'm just a stupid selfish bitch who'd be better off dead :frown:

:hugs: You're not a stupid selfish bitch at all and I'm glad you're not dead. Don't listen to them :hugs:
can't you go visit him some time too? flights are pretty cheap off season.
Laus
Suppose it depends where you end up. I watched 'What Dreams May Come' the other day - great film and an excellent depiction of heaven and hell. Touches on the issue of suicide, too. Apparently suicides end up in hell. They can only get to heaven if their denial transforms to clarity.

Personally I can't help but feel that eternal damnation is a small price to pay to avoid the type of people who are likely to end up in Heaven. :s-smilie:
Reply 6984
jonathan122
Personally I can't help but feel that eternal damnation is a small price to pay to avoid the type of people who are likely to end up in Heaven. :s-smilie:

Indeed.
Laus

Indeed.

I hope that means cigerattes... :confused:
jonathan122
:frown: You're important to us. :hugs: And I'm sure that you're family care too (though they sound pretty crap at showing it sometimes :s-smilie:).

How was your birthday?

Thanks Jonathan :hugs:

My birthday didn't feel like my birthday at all. I got all of 2 cards, one from my sister and one from my Dad and the band, no gifts or cake. The band did get the audience to sing Happy Birthday to me though which was nice. Not many people remembered my birthday to be honest.

becki08
You're not a stupid selfish bitch at all and I'm glad you're not dead. Don't listen to them

Thanks hun :hugs: How are you?

vapid slut magician
can't you go visit him some time too? flights are pretty cheap off season.

I asked him if I could visit him and he said yes but I'd have to stay in a hotel and go with friends because he works during the day so he wouldn't be able to see me a lot. He said if I went out with friends for a week he'd make sure we spent his day off together. And obviously, none of my friends will come with me because I don't have many friends and they don't do that kinda thing with me so guess I'll never go. How was trampolining at the weekend?
Laus

Indeed.

omg I need one of those t-shirts
*pink_sapphires*
. And obviously, none of my friends will come with me because I don't have many friends and they don't do that kinda thing with me so guess I'll never go. How was trampolining at the weekend?

can't you just go on your own? holidays alone are awesome, especially if you have someone to see in the evenings.

trampolining was fun, I did pretty good.
vapid slut magician
can't you just go on your own? holidays alone are awesome, especially if you have someone to see in the evenings.

trampolining was fun, I did pretty good.

can't go on my own...it makes me look like a loner. plus i have no money.
well done on the trampolining :smile:
*pink_sapphires*
can't go on my own...it makes me look like a loner. plus i have no money.
well done on the trampolining :smile:

why does it make you look like a loner? look like a loner to whom? I go on holiday alone because it's more fun, you meet people and go out and do whatever you want without having to compromise or make plans with other people.

You can save some money from a job, wouldn't be expensive if you get cheap flights and find a good hostel or B&B on tripadvisor. Might do you good :smile:
Reply 6991
vapid slut magician
omg I need one of those t-shirts

Lol.
vapid slut magician
why does it make you look like a loner? look like a loner to whom? I go on holiday alone because it's more fun, you meet people and go out and do whatever you want without having to compromise or make plans with other people.

You can save some money from a job, wouldn't be expensive if you get cheap flights and find a good hostel or B&B on tripadvisor. Might do you good :smile:

It makes me look like I have no friends to go with me and so I look like a loner to everyone. I can understand your point of view but I'd still feel uncomfortable. And I can't get a job :frown: No one wants to employ me
hey thanks for your advice becki, jonathon and herbal bug
i'll have to think carefully about it and i am really scared but i'll have to have a talk to my tutors. i think im a bit more together than i was before. im gonna try not be so frightened.

laus - a leave of absence is always good if you need it.

pink - who thinks you look like a loner are you going to see them again???
*pink_sapphires*
It makes me look like I have no friends to go with me and so I look like a loner to everyone.

I know quite a few people that do it. Even "popular" people. Don't worry about it. If you want to go somewhere, go there!
Pocket Calculator
I know quite a few people that do it. Even "popular" people. Don't worry about it. If you want to go somewhere, go there!

I just don't have the confidence PC, I really don't.

His best mate who he stayed with last week just started talking to me on MSN and he's managed to upset me. He asked if I'd spoken to Gav and I said 'he text me on saturday' and then he said he's spoken to him everyday and that he has no money. I said I knew because he'd said I'd get my present as soon as he has some money and Michael just goes 'he'll forget.'

Then he asks me to go out clubbing with him and his mates and I said 'yeah, like you'd want me there' and it just all makes me feel stupid and hurt and as if they're all just laughing at me.

Who has ever heard of a 19 year old stuck in a rut and who hates life? This is so pathetic :frown:
*pink_sapphires*
It makes me look like I have no friends to go with me and so I look like a loner to everyone.

yeah but no one thinks that way. I assume you do general day to day stuff alone? it's not like you need people to hold your hand to do that stuff; going on holiday is no different. It just means you get to relax alone without people in your face constantly. I don't understand why anyone would think you were a 'loner' for doing it. If you're single and don't have kids then who are you supposed to go on holiday with except yourself? :confused:
Down tonight.
vapid slut magician
yeah but no one thinks that way. I assume you do general day to day stuff alone? it's not like you need people to hold your hand to do that stuff; going on holiday is no different. It just means you get to relax alone without people in your face constantly. I don't understand why anyone would think you were a 'loner' for doing it. If you're single and don't have kids then who are you supposed to go on holiday with except yourself? :confused:

Friends. And yeah, you're right, I do general day to day stuff alone and that's fine. I like my independence, don't get me wrong. But I'd like some support from people I see everyday. Gav's friend has just invited me out with him and I don't know why I don't say yes. It would be nice to have some friends. I think it's because of mine and Michael's past history.

I feel as if I'm at the bottom of a pit and have absolutely nothing. It's so weird and hard to explain. On another note, I found some of the poems I wrote back last year...am tempted to post them here.
Reply 6999
I just had a 2 hour-long convo with my old best friend from home. She didn't say whether or not I should could home - she said to make a list of the pros and cons, which makes sense. At least I'll have a friend if I do decide to go back. She hates Northampton too though. It's a depressing town but I guess it's just a place to live. I won't go back if I don't have a job or something temporary to go back to. I might stay up tonight and search, if anyone fancies helping :tongue:. This isn't to say I've made up my mind, though. I will see how I feel at the weekend.

Latest