The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*pink_sapphires*
it'll be gone in less than 12 hours :'(

feel so rubbish today. tired, ugly, unmotivated, bored, wasting my life away....the usual. normally people long for time on their own to do stuff. i get it and i waste it :frown:

:frown: I don't understand, they can't make you give up something that you own. :mad:
Well, drinking cured that. Why the hell was I so stupid :cry: I'm now not only feeling really low but really ill too. I should know myself better than this. I've just dyed my hair, too :cry: I wish I could still have it red. I know it's only something small in a big spectrum but I loved it that colour...

Liz, I'm sorry about the violin, is there anyone else you could speak to to make sure you can keep it?

:hugs: to everyone
Rasberry - you arent stupid, promise :hugs: i know what you mean about hair colour. :hugs:

ive just got up, the funeral is soon and i feel rather crap. mums had a huge go at me and isnt talking to me because of various things. thank god i have david here who is just being a protective bubble to some extent. sighs. i just need to get out of the house, thank god for womad.

hope you all have a good few days and i'll see you all sometime next wednesday.

:hugs: :hugs: :lovie:
Reply 1183
:hugs: for everyone.

Thinking of you siti. :hugs:
Reply 1184
It's come back worse than ever. I had the bgigest argument with my bf last night, bringing him down wtih me, putting the balme on someone else and not facing how I feel. Just trying to cover it up. He's there for me but who knows for how long, he said himself my mental health is more important than any relationship and it's true. I just dont wanna bring anyone else down with me anymore, not my friends, not him. I'm gonna get this sorted on Monday but today I don't wanna go to work, I dont wanna even phone in sick I just wanna dissapear for today and all weekened cus I'm letting everyone down cus I just don't care about anything anymore and it's so horrifically taking over my life.
sauce
It's come back worse than ever. I had the bgigest argument with my bf last night, bringing him down wtih me, putting the balme on someone else and not facing how I feel. Just trying to cover it up. He's there for me but who knows for how long, he said himself my mental health is more important than any relationship and it's true. I just dont wanna bring anyone else down with me anymore, not my friends, not him. I'm gonna get this sorted on Monday but today I don't wanna go to work, I dont wanna even phone in sick I just wanna dissapear for today and all weekened cus I'm letting everyone down cus I just don't care about anything anymore and it's so horrifically taking over my life.

hey, im new around here. i felt like this yesterday, becki told me i should come over here

Your mental health is important, but you said yourself also he is there for you, you may feel like your bringing people down but im sure they have nothing but support for you, try and have a calm day if you dont want to work, just do something that might cheer you up, :hugs:
Welcome Bangers + Mash :hugs: (well done getting people to come here Becki! The more people we can support, the better)

Sauce - I'm sorry you had an argument with your bf. It's really good that he understands how important your mental health is though. Things do get better. I know it's easy to say, but with a bit of help and support from family, friends, GPs and some me time to think, things can start to look up. It's very easy for them to slip though, but one day where things look a tiny bit brighter is better than a day where things don't change.

Siti - Thinking of you today sweetheart. I hope everything goes ok :hugs:

Raspberry - Remember what I said last night hun. :hugs:

As for the violin....nope, no one I can talk to. Spoken to Mum and she's on my side but she can't do anything :frown:

Right....time to sort my room out once and for all!
Reply 1187
Hi B&M :hugs:

I'm feeling low today.

Still not an auntie :s:.

Not much else to report.

How is everyone?
Reply 1188
Really happy about the counselling bubbles :smile: :hugs:.
hi :hugs:

oh wow, you are going to be an auntie, excited? :smile:
when is the baby due?
pink sapphires, I know I don't know anything about your home situation, but can't you just not give the violin to your father? You are an adult, and you don't have to take this.
Reply 1191
Hi B&M, thanks :smile:.

The baby was due almost to weeks ago so hopefully he should come out soon! She has gone into labour but things haven't been as straightforward as they hoped. It will be nice to be an auntie, yes.

PS, why is your Dad taking your violin away from you? :hugs:

How are you jonathan?
Hi Jonathan and Laus.

Laus, I hope your sister-in-law is ok and not in too much pain. What a very very long labour! I hope everything goes ok. :hugs:

Right....family situation...i was going to talk about this actually in reply to Gooner's post the other day about her Father so here goes....

The man I call Dad, the one who lives in France and who is the father of my brother and sister isn't my real dad. I don't know my real dad. I haven't seen him since I was 18 months old and I have no recollection of him whatsoever. My brother and sister don't know that I'm only their half sister. Dad has been great and brought me up as if I was his own, but sometimes things can be strained between us. However, I don't think that's down to him not being my real dad, that's just down to our differences.

Anyway...his parents have always treated me the same aswell; always the same amount of money at birthdays and stuff. However, whenever I see them, which is VERY rarely, if one of them wants me to ask the other something, instead of saying 'ask Nana' or 'ask Grandad' they say 'ask _____' or 'ask ____' (names not included so I'm not recognised!) And last time I saw them, Nana said 'when I met you, you were 18 months old and I thought then that you'd be a bright girl' which was a lovely thing to say, however, she met me before I was 18 months old because that's when Mum and Dad got married and also, she said it when my sister was in the next room! So sometimes I feel really awkward and if I visit them I feel as if I shouldn't be there as I'm not technically family. It's a strange feeling.

So seeing as they're giving me the car, I feel indebted to them and so I will feel bad if I don't give them the violin back because it is a family heirloom thing and I'm not technically a member of their family. So if they want to keep in 'in blood' then I guess I should give it back. After all, I don't want to be seen as selfish and greedy and taking things that don't belong to me. It would only take someone to turn around and say 'well, she's not technically family' infront of me or my siblings and everything would be ruined. So I'll give it back, even though I really don't want to :frown: I guess I'll just have to find myself a new violin. Maybe one that I can have my own "relationship" with without thinking of it belonging to a family I'm not technically a part of.

As for not knowing my real father....I'll post about that another time because I've said loads already! :p:
Apparently people with depression aren't allowed to sit on juries either...
jonathan122
Apparently people with depression aren't allowed to sit on juries either...

No, I heard that. To be honest, I don't think that's a bad thing. If I was called to do jury service, I'd want to be in a completely sane state of mind so that I didn't make any rash decision and make the wrong decision. I'd want to be able to clearly process all of the information without getting myself into a state.

Some of these things, I think they do for the good of our mental health. Some of them are ridiculous though, but I can understand the jury service thing.

How are you today Jonathan?
Reply 1195
I'm not good.
:hugs: Becki

wanna chat hun? x
Reply 1197
It's all too much. This is the first birthday she hasn't been here. My card was signed by everyone but her. She's not here :frown:
Is it your birthday today? x
Reply 1199
Yeah.

Latest