The Student Room Group

Can’t trust my teachers!, need help from genuine people

So all my teachers hate me so they have predicted me a U U D and i don’t wanna take a gap year...
but I also want to go to university. Do I still apply for courses through ucas? ( I know I won’t get into any ) do I have to apply to 5 uni this year so my ucas is set up for clearing? My school focuses too much on people who are getting high grades and not on those who are feeling like ****. I have no one to talk to about my future and what to do as my parents have no idea about all this, they are always out of the town/country. I have no siblings, few friends but they are getting As, teachers hate me. I am feeling depressed lately. Plz help me idk what to do . :frown:
(edited 4 years ago)
to be quite honest, your username says it all but im sure there is another way like try really hard to study for the exams as from experiance i can say the predictions mean NOTHING if you work hard
Reply 2
I really used to believe I could do it but my teachers predicting for me to FAIL is just complete disappointment:frown: they don’t even think I’ll get a E is just so upsetting. Because of this I feel so dumb and stupid. I do chemistry biology and PE, I got all 7s in my GCSEs but I feel so dumb. I have lost motivation to carry on

Original post by alyssajade23_xo
to be quite honest, your username says it all but im sure there is another way like try really hard to study for the exams as from experiance i can say the predictions mean NOTHING if you work hard
If you were to apply to uni, what course would you want to do?
Reply 4
Original post by Iamfckeddd
So all my teachers hate me so they have predicted me a U U D and i don’t wanna take a gap year...
but I also want to go to university. Do I still apply for courses through ucas? ( I know I won’t get into any ) do I have to apply to 5 uni this year so my ucas is set up for clearing? My school focuses too much on people who are getting high grades and not on those who are feeling like ****. I have no one to talk to about my future and what to do as my parents have no idea about all this, they are always out of the town/country. I have no siblings, few friends but they are getting As, teachers hate me. I am feeling depressed lately. Plz help me idk what to do . :frown:

University is for the academically able. For some reason, (blame the increase in universities) people feel the need to go to university. If you are not academically able to go to university, then don't go. You still have time to focus on your A levels and pass with a decent mark (assuming you take them next year) so do that. Stop being negative, set goals, be positive. Only you yourself will know if you are actually an academic person, and if you can actually pass your A levels. Have a look at apprenticeships or work instead.
Ignore them. More and more people are going into the clearing system without having applied anywhere before.

My advice would be to study very hard, do well in A levels, then apply through clearing. If you do really really well, you could take a gap year and apply somewhere very competitive. You can do well in A levels mostly without your teachers.

With these predictions, you unfortunately have not much hope if you apply now.

Good luck, OP.
Reply 6
Original post by RazzzBerries
If you were to apply to uni, what course would you want to do?

I Wanted to physiotherapy but I can’t get in so I wanna do like biological sciences.. I need to get this sorted by this 1/2 term
Reply 7
How does this work though? Do I set up my ucas and still send it ? If I go through clearing they send it through ucas right?
Original post by vicvic38
Ignore them. More and more people are going into the clearing system without having applied anywhere before.

My advice would be to study very hard, do well in A levels, then apply through clearing. If you do really really well, you could take a gap year and apply somewhere very competitive. You can do well in A levels mostly without your teachers.

With these predictions, you unfortunately have not much hope if you apply now.

Good luck, OP.
How does this work though? Do I set up my ucas and still send it ? If I go through clearing they send it through ucas right?

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing

Here you go!

So its very hard for anyone to comment as to if your predicted grades are valid/fair on here.

But if so why do your teachers feel this way? It seems unlikely to me that the teachers from every subject all thought you were likely to score poorly out of spite. It is certainly possible that you can have provided misguided evidence hence they are under predicting. The teachers make predicted grades largely on scores from mocks, previous exams and attitude (and will certainly relate this to what they have seen other students in previous years do).

I would just go & be honest with your teacher and say look I thought I was going to be predicted a C but am predicted U, can you help me understand the decision and what I can do to move the predicted grade up before UCAS deadline.
Realistically unless you take another mock I can't see your predicts getting any higher than something like DEE at this point...

So what can you do:
-apply regardless, if its to an uncompetitive course that always end up in clearing you may well still get a couple offers but your admission will still be tied to achieving grades in August.
-Dont apply, get good grades and go through clearing
-Apply, check your grades, then look through adjustment to go to a more desirable uni after the fact this year.
-Get grades take a year out.

As i say its not over for applying to uni but if you want to do medicine or go to a "Sutton trust 13" uni, you have no chance unfortunately. I could see some under subscribed unis might make an offer as some unis just give almost everyone offers and then let the A-level grades determine acceptance later.

Quick Reply

Latest