The Student Room Group

Human Sciences Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lexiwilliamz
wow must be nice. What bits do you struggle with the most?

maths problems when there is a big table and just general literacy questions, I can do them but just make mistakes
Oh that makes me feel a bit better then :smile:
I know a girl in 3rd year at Oxford doing HumSci and her PS was solely psychology based
Original post by l.l.l.
i messaged ucl human sciences asking for a detailed overview because it was a lot of biology in the first year and i like the geography and sociology side better, they took 14 days to reply, replied on the 16th october so it was too late, so i applied for anthropology at UCL,

If you prefer the sociology side then I think you’ll enjoy anthropology more anyway :smile: Good luck!
Original post by l.l.l.
maths problems when there is a big table and just general literacy questions, I can do them but just make mistakes

yh I struggle with the maths side. I can do the literacy questions but make silly mistakes as my eyes get tired after a while
Reply 24
Original post by astaples
If you prefer the sociology side then I think you’ll enjoy anthropology more anyway :smile: Good luck!

probably, but the whole second year for human sciences was "human sciences in society" so it was a hard choice
Reply 25
yh I struggle with the maths side. I can do the literacy questions but make silly mistakes as my eyes get tired after a while

im just going to do 15 hours of maths tsa tomorrow about 1000 questions , wake up at 7:00
Original post by l.l.l.
im just going to do 15 hours of maths tsa tomorrow about 1000 questions , wake up at 7:00

woahhh have fun :biggrin:
Very best of luck to any of my fellow TSA-takers! Just remember you have done enough preparation and are definatly ready for this.
How did you guys find it today? And what essay did you do. Im wondering whether we were all drawn to a certain essay title based on our subject??
How did you guys find it today? And what essay did you do. Im wondering whether we were all drawn to a certain essay title based on our subject??

I chose question 1 but I can't even remember what the others were at this point, the adrenaline wiped my memory !

Section 1 I ran out of time, section 2 was okay- chose the 1st question.
Original post by Siobha
I chose question 1 but I can't even remember what the others were at this point, the adrenaline wiped my memory !

me too. I had some stats about climate change memorised by chance so it was the easiest option for me
Original post by nicolesara34
Section 1 I ran out of time, section 2 was okay- chose the 1st question.

what college are you applying for?

Hertford!
Original post by nicolesara34
Hertford!

same!!
Reply 35

I ran out of time both parts, so guessed 7 questions and didn't write a conclusion
Original post by l.l.l.
I ran out of time both parts, so guessed 7 questions and didn't write a conclusion

yeah I guessed about 3-5 at the end. I honestly don't remember I think I've blocked it out from the stress
Original post by political right
Hi,

Just trying to congregate fellow HumSci applicants as we're thin on the ground so far!

I'm applying to Keble for HumSci :smile:
Original post by abbieeeeee
I'm applying to Keble for HumSci :smile:

Hey, I don't suppose you're Abbie from UNIQ HumSci by any chance??
Original post by Siobha
Hey, I don't suppose you're Abbie from UNIQ HumSci by any chance??

I'm not I'm afraid xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending