The Student Room Group

gap yr

I'm on a gap yr and can't find a job that I like so is volunteering and one work experience enough? (as in would this be fine for someone taking a year out and applying to uni?)
Yes that's fine as you're using your gap year wisely. I would also look at doing more activities relating to your course such as attending taster sessions which some unis offer or going to talks. All of that would be great to add to your personal statement. I would recommend you keep looking for work as you'll need money next year for uni
Also on a gap year rn before uni, so far I’ve done

Volunteering (weekly)
Internship which I’m at as I type this,( relates to my uni course of choice)
Personal choice of activities( hobbies pursuit to the fullest for me)

With some travelling maybe early next year as well, that’s my plan as of now. Unis won’t care what you do day to day as long as you nail a few productive things. Feel free to PM me if you want to ask anything else :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Kryptonitekid43
Also on a gap year rn before uni, so far I’ve done

Volunteering (weekly)
Internship which I’m at as I type this,( relates to my uni course of choice)
Personal choice of activities( hobbies pursuit to the fullest for me)

With some travelling maybe early next year as well, that’s my plan as of now. Unis won’t care what you do day to day as long as you nail a few productive things. Feel free to PM me if you want to ask anything else :smile:

sounds great! what are u applying for btw?
Original post by Ariaa_01
sounds great! what are u applying for btw?

Law, don’t want to do it with my heart and soul but it’s the lease objectionable pathway lol 😂. How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest