The Student Room Group

Rejoining Nursing Course after health issues

I'm going back to my nursing course in September after having issues on my course about one and a half years ago. I'm worried that when rejoining the staff who knew me, I left due to mental health issues, will judge me when I rejoin?
Original post by Spence197
I'm going back to my nursing course in September after having issues on my course about one and a half years ago. I'm worried that when rejoining the staff who knew me, I left due to mental health issues, will judge me when I rejoin?

They're not there to judge you; they're there to teach you.

Did you make an exhibition of yourself before you left, then? What is there to be apprehensive about?
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
They're not there to judge you; they're there to teach you.

Did you make an exhibition of yourself before you left, then? What is there to be apprehensive about?

Kind of, I had a health and conduct committee which has allocated for my return with supervision whilst on the course. I'm just generally worried that I will mess up again, low mood, depression etc along with attention seeking behavior.
Original post by Spence197
Kind of, I had a health and conduct committee which has allocated for my return with supervision whilst on the course. I'm just generally worried that I will mess up again, low mood, depression etc along with attention seeking behavior.

Put in place some support mechanisms - I think this is what you need to support your return. Don't just go back in there cold expecting to pick up where you left off - I think this could be a bad move.

What sort of relationship do you have with your tutor? Is s/he someone you could talk to about your fears and apprehension? How about your unis disability services? Are they aware of your case and working to support you, both academically and pastorally?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending