The Student Room Group

Ivy League/US Top Unis for Physics and Maths?

I want to apply to an Ivy League or another top school. Anyone familiar with which schools are really good for physics? Or even Maths?
Most of the top schools are going to be good in just about every subject they teach, and that includes more than just the ivy league. That said, as far as the "fancy" schools go - MIT, Cornell, and the University of California universities do have a reputation and history of focusing on math and the physical sciences and being very good at them.
Original post by ladybaffled345
I want to apply to an Ivy League or another top school. Anyone familiar with which schools are really good for physics? Or even Maths?

Original post by cletclaw
Most of the top schools are going to be good in just about every subject they teach, and that includes more than just the ivy league. That said, as far as the "fancy" schools go - MIT, Cornell, and the University of California universities do have a reputation and history of focusing on math and the physical sciences and being very good at them.

you can't actually do a degree in physics or maths in the US at undergrad level, you can merely 'major' in it (and a major is ironically only a minority of credits).
Reply 3
Original post by A Rolling Stone
you can't actually do a degree in physics or maths in the US at undergrad level, you can merely 'major' in it (and a major is ironically only a minority of credits).

A major is mathematics is an effective equivalent to a degree from a UK institution.
Reply 4
Original post by ladybaffled345

All of them? All of HYPSM have amazing math and physics programmes, though Yale's would probably be the weakest (and I say that as a '24 admit). I don't know enough about your academic profile to give you anything close to useful advice at this point though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending