The Student Room Group

How can I balance work, uni and driving lessons?

I'm in my second year of uni and I'm in uni three times a week and have two days off.
I previously booked my driving lessons and have the lessons on one of my free days, which will continuously happen on the day I'm off from uni.
I start my job at a nursing home this week (The day I'm in uni - and will be required to discuss shifts/hours etc)
How should I pick my hours and shifts at my job?
I was thinking of doing the job two times a week; one on the day I'm off and one on the weekend?
I need to have time for studying etc and just need some advice on how I can balance everything out.

Extra information:
I live in private halls - but have family living in the same city as me - however I love the independence
I don't have any friends - don't have any friends whatsoever so I'm lonely and don't do anything
I applied for the job during the summer - took a very long time for everything to get sorted.
Driving - been on my mind heavy since I moved to halls and the commute is long/annoying.
I think that job arrangement sounds good. Hopefully you'll meet another carer your age at the job? :smile:

I think you perhaps need to get out some more. Go to the gym or join a class of some kind, something to take your mind off of your studies and work and just to take your brain away from it all and escape. Try to be sociable at these events, getting out is the only way you will ever meet other people! Staying at home won't get you anywhere.

Don't feel any kind of rush to learn to drive. You can do it at anytime (well, if you have passed your theory, within the 2 years of passing it), so for now, if you need to concentrate on your studies, then you're going to have to get over the commute, try to find positives in it. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending