The Student Room Group

Oxford Law College Invitations 2020 (so far)

Scroll to see replies

My first was terrible. Very difficult extract to evaluate with a pretty stern interviewer but my second went a lot better. A very nice chap interviewing. Have no idea if I’m in or out but suspect out bearing in mind there were 32 students trying for 8’ish places.
Original post by Euphoria101
Can't seem to find ANY info on how other applicants found the interviews! How did you guys do?

not very well lol. pretty sure they think I'm a complete idiot, and I tried to stay behind and listen to their comments afterwards but I heard one and practically ran away ://////
My first interview was honestly a car crash while my second was much better, albeit still nowhere near good enough. The worst part is that the interview on French law was actually alright but it has no bearing on whether or not I'll get onto the course :colonhash:. Even though I'm relatively certain that the outcome is going to be a rejection, I'm still grateful for having been given this opportunity as I loved discussing legal issues and meeting everyone, even if I came across as being as thick as two short planks.
Reply 343
Honestly, every single person I spoke to says that their interview went bad but I am sure mine was the worst lol. The first one was way worse, but on the other hand, the tutors were nicer. During both of the interviews, my tutors(mainly the first one tho) would often say about my answer that "it's right, but not what they mean". I honestly have a feeling I messed up and there are so many things I could have said. Honestly gonna be so anxious for the next month...
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by WLR
Honestly, every single person I spoke to says that their interview went bad but I am sure mine was the worst lol. The first one was way worse, but on the other hand, the tutors were way nicer. During both of the interviews, my tutors(mainly the first one tho) would often say about my answer that "it's right, but not what they mean". I honestly have a feeling I messed up and there are so many things I could have said. Honestly gonna be so anxious for the next month...

Yo I can guarantee mine were worse. Didn’t even speak!
I was on the verge of tears in my first interview, I didn’t understand a word of the passage they provided. The second was very average :/ UCL/Kings/LSE it is then
Original post by AnonymousT17
I was on the verge of tears in my first interview, I didn’t understand a word of the passage they provided. The second was very average :/ UCL/Kings/LSE it is then

they're still brilliant unis
and omg I know what you mean, I couldn't eat for hours after my second interview - off to durham I guess lol

Original post by bhavdeep
they're still brilliant unis
and omg I know what you mean, I couldn't eat for hours after my second interview - off to durham I guess lol

Honestly same! I remember literally just wanting to stand up and leave during the middle of the interview. Finished early in the second one and that’s not good!
Reply 348
I feel like a terrible person, cus I'm honestly very sorry for yall guys but your impressions actually give me the hope I didn't mess up as bad as I think lol
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 349
Remember it couldn't have been that bad tho, don't worry that much. We're not gonna change anything anyway haha
Honestly same! I remember literally just wanting to stand up and leave during the middle of the interview. Finished early in the second one and that’s not good!

lol same, got 20 minutes just about
Original post by bhavdeep
lol same, got 20 minutes just about

It was like they gave up
Anyone that interviewed at St Peters, PM me!
Original post by butternut123
My first interview was honestly a car crash while my second was much better, albeit still nowhere near good enough. The worst part is that the interview on French law was actually alright but it has no bearing on whether or not I'll get onto the course :colonhash:. Even though I'm relatively certain that the outcome is going to be a rejection, I'm still grateful for having been given this opportunity as I loved discussing legal issues and meeting everyone, even if I came across as being as thick as two short planks.

You can't be sure you have been rejected. Look at this sentence "I loved discussing legal issues". Maybe they loved seeing your keenness too, more than you think.

Someone on TSR actually burst into tears DURING their law interview. They still got a place. The legendary Miss Varz burst into tears immediately after her interview. Brasenose said she had interviewed very well...
Original post by WLR
Remember it couldn't have been that bad tho, don't worry that much. We're not gonna change anything anyway haha

Sensible view

They could have run out of time. Maybe nothing at all to do with you.
Original post by Oxford Mum
They could have run out of time. Maybe nothing at all to do with you.

They didn't, I came out early but went in late because the person before me finished late lol. It was supposed to be 30 mins, mine was 20.
They didn't, I came out early but went in late because the person before me finished late lol. It was supposed to be 30 mins, mine was 20.

As I say it means nothing. You will all find the answers on 14th January.
Original post by Oxford Mum
As I say it means nothing. You will all find the answers on 14th January.

I'm telling you, you say it means nothing but in the room the lady asked the man to ask his last question and he shook his head and said 'no point'. It means something. I appreciate people trying to make me feel better but I was in the room and the interviewers didn't even try to hide their disappointment!:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending