The Student Room Group

Can i get into medicine without all high grades (7-9)?

can i get into medicine without all high grades (7-9)
Reply 1
In short, yes!although medicine is very competitive, so it depends where you apply and with what other achievements you have, and how well you do on the admission tests required (BMAT or UCAT).You also needs loads of volunteering experience and other stuff where you 'explore contents outside of the syllabus'Also i'm gonna assume you mean those grades for IGCSE, A-Levels are more important so focus on getting higher grades in themso even though your grades are a very important factor, a lot of other things are also taken into consideration.
Reply 2
Original post by crooler
In short, yes!although medicine is very competitive, so it depends where you apply and with what other achievements you have, and how well you do on the admission tests required (BMAT or UCAT).You also needs loads of volunteering experience and other stuff where you 'explore contents outside of the syllabus'Also i'm gonna assume you mean those grades for IGCSE, A-Levels are more important so focus on getting higher grades in themso even though your grades are a very important factor, a lot of other things are also taken into consideration.

what like outisde stuff cud i do
Reply 3
like attending medical workshops or extra curriculars that develop your skills (academically or more than that as well)
like debating, leadership roles, being part of a major club/event etc etc
Reply 4
Original post by crooler

oh great, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending