The Student Room Group

Failed coursework module in final year Westminster University

Got my coursework mark today and failed badly (didn't get the 30% qualifying mark), I still have another piece of coursework due in for the module and was wondering if I could manage to get a condoned pass where they can add extra marks from coursework 2? Really want to graduate in July so trying everything atm. I also have to submit mitigating circumstances as I had a throat infection during the time it was due. P.s can't this assignment be redone in January rather than the summer?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by adar97
Got my coursework mark today and failed badly (didn't get the 30% qualifying mark), I still have another piece of coursework due in for the module and was wondering if I could manage to get a condoned pass where they can add extra marks from coursework 2? Really want to graduate in July so trying everything atm. I also have to submit mitigating circumstances as I had a throat infection during the time it was due. P.s can't this assignment be redone in January rather than the summer?

You need to speak directly to your lecturer/personal tutor about this - no one can tell you the specifics of your university's policies apart from university staff. They'll be able to tell you if condoned passes are a thing at your university, and also whether January resits are possible.
Original post by adar97

Hi there

If your mitigating circumstances are accepted you will be able to re-submit the coursework again without penalty. If the course work is a Semester Two piece of coursework then you will need to re-submit in the summer.

Can you confirm what the name of the module is and I will check this out for you.

Many thanks

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 3
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi there

If your mitigating circumstances are accepted you will be able to re-submit the coursework again without penalty. If the course work is a Semester Two piece of coursework then you will need to re-submit in the summer.

Can you confirm what the name of the module is and I will check this out for you.

Many thanks

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Hi there, the coursework was for semester 1 for the module Business Intelligence. Thanks
Original post by adar97
Hi there, the coursework was for semester 1 for the module Business Intelligence. Thanks

Just spoke with the Registry and if your MC's are not accepted you will be given a referral in the summer to re-do the coursework again. This will be capped at 40%. You will have to wait until the summer months to be able to re-sit the coursework though. It's unlikely the second piece of coursework will take you to a pass in the module even if you score well. This is because the second coursework doesn't carry much weight as far as credits go.

Amira in Registry is really helpful if you want to contact her about your situation.

Kim

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending