The Student Room Group

A couple of questions about UCAS application?

My sixth form has given a deadline of the 29th Nov to finish UCAS applications, but they haven’t told us much. I’ve filled in most of it, but I’m wondering if I have to add qualifications for my sixth form education, because I haven’t done the exams yet. Also, will I still be able to update my personal statement if I’ve saved the section as complete? And finally, I’m not sure about how to pay or if I have to before the 29th. It says about the pay/send option being for individual application but I’m going through the sixth form, I’m not sure whether I give the money to them or still have to pay on UCAS? I’m worried that if I pay it’ll send the application before the sixth form adds references.

I’m new to this site so apologies if I’ve posted in the wrong place or if I’ve missed these answers already being on here.
Original post by EmilyxTaylor
My sixth form has given a deadline of the 29th Nov to finish UCAS applications, but they haven’t told us much. I’ve filled in most of it, but I’m wondering if I have to add qualifications for my sixth form education, because I haven’t done the exams yet. Also, will I still be able to update my personal statement if I’ve saved the section as complete? And finally, I’m not sure about how to pay or if I have to before the 29th. It says about the pay/send option being for individual application but I’m going through the sixth form, I’m not sure whether I give the money to them or still have to pay on UCAS? I’m worried that if I pay it’ll send the application before the sixth form adds references.

I’m new to this site so apologies if I’ve posted in the wrong place or if I’ve missed these answers already being on here.

Yes ive applied about a month ago. U have to add all your qualifications (Dofe, GCSEs) with all your grades and when u get to ur A levels u should say pending as ur school has to put those on from their side. Personally i did my personal statement in word and then when i put it into UCAS i made sure it was the limit. When u have finished each section tick the section as complete at the bottom. If u want to edit that section untick the box and u can edit it. U should try and pay before 29th Nov as your school would need time to do references for everyone and stuff so the earlier u send it the better. Also its less stress as you know you cant edit it once the payment is done. U have to pay to UCAS after u have filled in everything in the form and marked every section as complete. I hope this helps.
Original post by dj_ad_1
Yes ive applied about a month ago. U have to add all your qualifications (Dofe, GCSEs) with all your grades and when u get to ur A levels u should say pending as ur school has to put those on from their side. Personally i did my personal statement in word and then when i put it into UCAS i made sure it was the limit. When u have finished each section tick the section as complete at the bottom. If u want to edit that section untick the box and u can edit it. U should try and pay before 29th Nov as your school would need time to do references for everyone and stuff so the earlier u send it the better. Also its less stress as you know you cant edit it once the payment is done. U have to pay to UCAS after u have filled in everything in the form and marked every section as complete. I hope this helps.

Thank you so much:smile:
I had the same question and I just found this thread. So just to get that correct, I pay the £25 then it gets sent to my school? I thought the whole point of applying through the school was that they paid it, that's what I was led to believe.
Original post by benzeneboi
I had the same question and I just found this thread. So just to get that correct, I pay the £25 then it gets sent to my school? I thought the whole point of applying through the school was that they paid it, that's what I was led to believe.

Yes you pay before sending it to school. But before you pay make sure u check that everything is filled right with a teacher. Just print out the view all details page. No you have to pay otherwise your school wont be able to send it.
Thanks:smile: i just finished writing mine and was confused.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending