The Student Room Group

I need help with this dilema....

Hi, i am currently between two universities which i have got offers back from which are as follows:
Heriot-Watt --> Unconditional
University of Plymouth --> Conditional 128 UCAS Points.

Im not sure which one i should choose but the rankings for my course (which is under electronic and electrical engineering), and heriot-watts course ranking has been decreasing over the last 2 years, whereas plymouths has been increasing, but heriot-watt is still only slightly above plymouth's ranking on this course.

Does this mean the course is getting worse for heriot-watt and would it still be safe to choose.

This is heriot watts one which has been decreasing
Heriot watt.png

And this is plymouths one which has been increasing.
Plymouth.png

hj (2).png
Now do i choose the one which is increasing or do i go for the one which seems to be decreasing but still has a higher ranking.

I also need to get to london easily for medical reasons.

Thanks in advance for your help

Drop here!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Which one do you like more? Also what about your other three unis?
Based on a quick online check using 'Which?' it seems like Plymouth is a little better in terms of teaching; they are relatively equal in terms of student satisfaction. Personally I'd go for Plymouth, but I don't think you should base your choice on rankings, doesn't really matter unless its a massive gap like between cambridge and Herriot-Watt:biggrin:. (I'm also applying to unis this year but for chemical engineering)
Original post by Abi-S01
Which one do you like more? Also what about your other three unis?
Based on a quick online check using 'Which?' it seems like Plymouth is a little better in terms of teaching; they are relatively equal in terms of student satisfaction. Personally I'd go for Plymouth, but I don't think you should base your choice on rankings, doesn't really matter unless its a massive gap like between cambridge and Herriot-Watt:biggrin:. (I'm also applying to unis this year but for chemical engineering)

OK thankyou for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending