The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

B291 - Financial Accounting

This year, just because I wanted to get started without any wait, I took B291 (Financial Accounting) in February, which I passed but am now looking at my courses for the spring (if I am to take one then.) My Problem:
B291 has been discontinued and deleted from the OU site so I am unable to find any info. on what qualifications I can count it towards apart from my STEM degree, as I want to get the most out of my studies and maybe pick course that will lead me to a second qualification, does anybody have an old business school prospectus on their hard drive?

Thanks
Original post by LawrenceMallnsn
This year, just because I wanted to get started without any wait, I took B291 (Financial Accounting) in February, which I passed but am now looking at my courses for the spring (if I am to take one then.) My Problem:
B291 has been discontinued and deleted from the OU site so I am unable to find any info. on what qualifications I can count it towards apart from my STEM degree, as I want to get the most out of my studies and maybe pick course that will lead me to a second qualification, does anybody have an old business school prospectus on their hard drive?

Thanks

B291 was replaced by B293 Financial accounting in context, which if you look on the OU website will show you it can be counted towards all Business and Management qualifications, as B293 is B291’s replacement it will mean you can use B291 to count towards any qualification B293 does. B291 did also count towards the OU’s now discontinued professional certificate in accounting alongside B292 Management accounting which has a few more runs yet.

If you did complete B292 I believe you could still use both B291 and B292 modules to gain exemptions from the first 3 ACCA professional papers (they have changed name but everyone still calls them F1, F2 and F3), and CIMA’s 4 certificate level exams.

You can also use B291 towards the ‘Open’ degree and what I presume you’re already doing, the combined STEM degree. If you did do B292 management accounting you’d not be able to do B392 advanced Management Accounting at level 3 as all combined STEM modules at level 3 need to be STEM subjects.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest