The Student Room Group

Those who did CIPFA qualification

I have recently been offered a role working for local government and part of this involves working towards the CIPFA qualification. I have a few questions regarding the CIPFA qualification directed towards those who have studied it or are in the process of working towards it.

1. How was your time divided between working and studying towards the CIPFA qualification? Did you get blocked study leave or did you have an agreement put in place with your employer e.g. a system where 1 day a week would be spent studying?

2. How was the course taught to you? Was it through physical classes, online sessions or self-study?

3. What resources did you use to make notes for revision and preparation for exams?

4. What did you find most challenging about the qualification?
I am on the NHS Grad Scheme and have just completed my first two CIPFA exams.1) Every exams different, but we do ours over 2 and a half years, so I had 2 exams at the beginning of December and had 2 days a week study days. 2) Ours are taught through online web classes3) We received the CIPFA workbooks for the modules and the CIPFA learning page when you log in usually has extra resources put on by your tutor.4) For me, the most challenging part is how fast paced it is, we started the web classes in October and my first exams were first week in December.Hope this is helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending