The Student Room Group

From bad to worst

Hi, I'm Jorge and i'm 15. I'm starting to feel very sad about everything. My physical appereance, my group of friends and muy family. The last one was the thing that got me here.

My father likes my little sister more than me. I've never been a jealous kid, I even was the one that asked for a little sister, but lately i've been noticing that he always defends my sister when we argue, she os always right, he allows her to do whatever she wants to me and if I say something to her, he starts shouting at me.

When I argue with him It usually starts because my sister and I are fighting. He is the one that shouts, insults and say bad things. When I think it's over, he comes back again and says the dame things that he said before one and again, and if I answer to him it's even worst. I don't know what to do, I'm starting to hate both of them...
my dad used to favour her more, like not shout when she does something bad, take her out to restaurants and let her on her phone mainly because she has anger problems lol, while we revised. i didnt care tbh. just cuss her out and ignore his insults. if it gets worse speak to someone at your school about it.
Stop arguing with and fighting with your sister.
There's no point to it and you gain nothing from it.

Just tolerate her, whilst being assertive (not aggressive) about you going about your own business.

Some parents do have favourites. There's nothing much of any real benefit you can do about it if your father is one of them.

There's no point in you arguing with your dad. Whilst you live with him, it's his house and his rules.
If you were in the army, you wouldn't argue with the Sargeant Major. You'd just get on with it.

Remind yourself that he provides a warm place for you to live as well as the money for the food that you eat. Remind yourself not to take what he provides for granted so much.

I'm assuming that he doesn't physically assault you, and that he's not waging a campaign of psychologically bullying you?

So, overall he's not perfect, but he is certainly a good enough dad. Somewhere about a C grade from your description?
That's not a low enough grade to justify you hating him. It's also not a high enough grade for you to treat him as a role model for when you have children of your own.

If you're keeping yourself in reasonable trim, from having a balanced enough lifestyle, then your overall apperance will be good enough. That is an area that is entirely under your control. Improve it if your BMI is greater that 25 or under 18.5. Who cares about a few spots on your face if you have a good enough shaped body?

Get some new friends. Break out of your clique at school. Start talking to others and gradually spending more time with them.
Don't expect perfection from your friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending