Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve applied for Southampton university and I was wondering if they have a large amount of ethically diverse students.
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve applied for Southampton university and I was wondering if they have a large amount of ethically diverse students.
Hi there, I actually answered this question in this thread here and here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6228798
Please do check out the University of Southampton forum itself and if you have any more questions feel free to quote me
Cheese
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
Hi there, I actually answered this question in this thread here and here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6228798
Please do check out the University of Southampton forum itself and if you have any more questions feel free to quote me
Cheese
Thank you so much 😄
Liam Murty
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes it is what you would expect from South London or somewhere like that. It varies from course to course (I do a particularly 'white' one Geography). You'll see many Asian students but also many people from mixed backgrounds in the UK too: if you're worried about standing out due to your race you won't.
Also remember that just because an area is 'white' doesn't mean that it is racist and, equally, just because an area is diverse doesn't mean it isn't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (172)
67.19%
No (84)
32.81%

Watched Threads