The Student Room Group

Job Application: Need help URGENTLY

I don't understand this question: Please tell us why you are suitable for this position, including any relevant experience you may have or relevant academic achievements.

- I was awarded an award from my high school for getting great progress for my GCSE.
- I have replenished stock during my 1 week time at a pharmacy.
- 100% attendance and punctuality during college
- Friendly and I like to interact with people.
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
I don't understand this question: Please tell us why you are suitable for this position, including any relevant experience you may have or relevant academic achievements.

- I was awarded an award from my high school for getting great progress for my GCSE.
- I have replenished stock during my 1 week time at a pharmacy.
- 100% attendance and punctuality during college
- Friendly and I like to interact with people.

What job is it for? What other questions has it asked about your skills?
Original post by threeportdrift
What job is it for? What other questions has it asked about your skills?

Farmfoods.

Here are the questions in order:

Personal Details
Please tell us why you are suitable for this position, including any relevant experience you may have or relevant academic achievements.
Do you have the full and unrestricted right to work in the UK?
Please tell us about any restrictions to your availability to work on a normal week. Please include a maximum number of hours you would prefer to work in a week.
In order to confirm your work history please provide at least two references below. One reference must be from your current or most recent employer or your current or most recent place of study if you have no previous work experience. At least one additional employment, academic or character reference must also be provided, employment references are preferred if possible.
Do you have a CV?
Are there any steps which the Company could take to improve your prospects of being able to successfully carry out the tasks involved in the job for which you have applied?
Do you have any unspent criminal convictions?

[Declaration subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974] (Please note, this does not relate to driving offences)
I'm applying right now at the minute

Then what they want is the equivalent of a covering letter.

You need to explain to them why you want to do this sort of job, in about 3-4 sentences.

Then you need to say why you want to work for this company, again, in about 3-4 sentences.

Then you need to work out which your 3 strongest skills are for the job, and in 3 sections, state clearly that you have the skill, and then follow up with at least one example that evidences it. Eg. I am a really strong team player. For example, when I worked in a team at ...................

Each skill should be 3-4 sentences, if you've got space, then 2 examples are good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending