The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IggySawicka
Yeah, I got the email this morning

Congratulations! Are you firming?
Original post by RoseTaylor13
Hey Swara, can you pls check your direct messages & get back to me - pls? :smile:

why did u choose uclan? home fee?
Original post by iangtd2020
why did u choose uclan? home fee?

I'm a UK student and I was undergoing the transfer scheme at UCLan which gave me an opportunity to transfer into med but that's extremely even more so competitive than ur other med routes.
Original post by IggySawicka
Hi guys, anyone on here been accepted??

Yup, international here. You can check out the offer holders page if anyone has been accepted :smile:
Is UCLan still accepting applications for the MBBS program? I understand that it is quite late and most of the seats have been filled but is there still a chance to gain an interview? International student here.Thank you!
Original post by hopefulmed78
Is UCLan still accepting applications for the MBBS program? I understand that it is quite late and most of the seats have been filled but is there still a chance to gain an interview? International student here.Thank you!

They still have places according to UCAS Extra, but I would email the admissions team just in case. You can make an application to them via UCAS or by their Application Portal directly. Good luck :smile:
I have applied via their online website for the MBBS program, and since I was skeptical about seats even being available, I emailed the admissions team but nothing yet. Your message has brought a little light to my day, thank you! And Goodluck to you as well.
Hi, so I have received an offer from Uclan and need to pay my deposit by the 7th of June. I also have an interview from Uni of Buckingham, I want to go for Buckingham, but it's a risk can I ask for an extension on the deposit payment date ?
Original post by aadam.mohammad
Hi, so I have received an offer from Uclan and need to pay my deposit by the 7th of June. I also have an interview from Uni of Buckingham, I want to go for Buckingham, but it's a risk can I ask for an extension on the deposit payment date ?

Yes, I asked as well but usually, they don't go more than a 2-week extension, also it depends on your circumstance and whether the university would be willing. I'd email admissions to ask :smile:
Does anyone know what building the medical classes happen in? Or where most of them happen? trying to pick a residence location.
Original post by blächrabbit
Yes, I asked as well but usually, they don't go more than a 2-week extension, also it depends on your circumstance and whether the university would be willing. I'd email admissions to ask :smile:

Already emailed them, unfortunately there wasn't any reply
Original post by aadam.mohammad
Already emailed them, unfortunately there wasn't any reply

Hi there,

Please understand that our admissions teams are working hard to process applications and will be in touch with all applicants as soon as possible.

However, if you would like an update or wish to contact the team in the meantime, please visit the following link to get in contact with our Admissions Teams and they can help you further with your situation.

https://www.uclan.ac.uk/contact

Hope this helps :smile:

Many thanks,
Dan
Original post by OkieDokie12
Does anyone know what building the medical classes happen in? Or where most of them happen? trying to pick a residence location.

Hiya, from what I’ve heard all the buildings are super close together as it’s a campus. They’re loads of UCLan accommodation and private accommodation like IQ Kopa, Moor Lane Halls, Leighton Halls all within a 5 min walk
Original post by OkieDokie12

Hi @OkieDokie12,

Thanks for your question.

Whether you are looking for an inclusive halls community or private living, we have a wide range of accommodation options available to every student at our Preston campus.

Please visit our website to find useful information about our accommodation, including online tours, locations, student experience videos and much more.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks,
Dan
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi there,

Please understand that our admissions teams are working hard to process applications and will be in touch with all applicants as soon as possible.

However, if you would like an update or wish to contact the team in the meantime, please visit the following link to get in contact with our Admissions Teams and they can help you further with your situation.

https://www.uclan.ac.uk/contact

Hope this helps :smile:

Many thanks,
Dan

Hi there,
I appreciate the response, and I called them to sort the Issue out.
Thank you for your time.
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi @OkieDokie12,

Thanks for your question.

Whether you are looking for an inclusive halls community or private living, we have a wide range of accommodation options available to every student at our Preston campus.

Please visit our website to find useful information about our accommodation, including online tours, locations, student experience videos and much more.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks,
Dan

Hi, that doesn't really help at all. But thanks for trying.
Hello folks, I hope everyone is well. I am looking for someone to partner up with to practice the MMI interview, we can run scenario based questions and exchange ideas or highlight tips and tricks! If you would like to partner up please shoot me a message and we can coordinate.
I hope the best for everyone, goodluck!
Hi has anyone who applied directly to UCLan med (not through UCAS) heard anything back yet?
Original post by User0603
Hi has anyone who applied directly to UCLan med (not through UCAS) heard anything back yet?

Yeah I did a few months ago. Haven’t heard anything yet :frown:
Original post by AB121212
Yeah I did a few months ago. Haven’t heard anything yet :frown:

Ahhh okay me too, I was wondering if maybe I was the only one

Latest

Trending

Trending