The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

What's my chance at getting into imperial with excellent grades but okayish reference

So using my Data Protection Act right, I was able to get my reference recently, and I assure you it was very average. However keep in mind that I already have my grades i.e no need for predicted grades. I have received A*A*A*A* in A-level (Bio,Chem,Phy and Maths) along with 2 national CIE ranks. (Top in Physics as well as Top across 4 A-level subjects in my country)
Do you think the average reference could hurt my chance at receiving an interview from imperial?
Oh and I am applying Meng Biomedical engineering if that's relevant
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I think my Personal Statement is okayish as well
Reply 3
I was the opposite okayish grades and brilliant reference and personal statement, got interview and offer with ease (same course).

I feel you should get an interview as they only reject people who will definitely not get the grades (you definitely will) the interview is about you as a person, and how you handle problem solving. I didn't decide on imperial in the end as I found a course I liked more but it was my second option.

So what I'm saying is if I did it with mediocre grades you'll most likely do it... At least the interview with your outstanding grades! Wish you good luck! I plan on doing my PhD at imperial in 4 years lol
Thank you very much! lets hope I do, I submitted my app last week so there is a long wait

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending