The Student Room Group

Cutting a friend off

I'm not sure if I should associate with one of my friends anymore because, as bad as this sounds, they are ridiculously unintelligent and I'm worried that it's affecting me. I go to the gym with them every day, they have no GCSE's, no ambitions, no plans , talk like a roadman and when we asked him how to spell fur (just to see how bad it was) he said f-i-r-e and he wasn't joking. We know he doesn't have any learning disabilities; he's just been lazy for years. He constantly says stupid things and I feel as though his lack of ambition is rubbing off on me. As brutal as this is I think I should cut him off but want others opinions first.
this is just my opinion but the way i see it you dont need to cut him off if he hasn’t actually done anything wrong, if you’re feeling unmotivated and unambitious thats coming from you because he cant control how you feel. if you are feeling unambitious that is a problem but it isnt a problem anybody else has caused.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
this is just my opinion but the way i see it you dont need to cut him off if he hasn’t actually done anything wrong, if you’re feeling unmotivated and unambitious thats coming from you because he cant control how you feel. if you are feeling unambitious that is a problem but it isnt a problem anybody else has caused.

He has done something. He has become insufferably obnoxious and keeps calling me stupid and being childish. He also gets angry at my other friends for no reason at all.
He has done something. He has become insufferably obnoxious and keeps calling me stupid and being childish. He also gets angry at my other friends for no reason at all.

that creates a different situation than the one previously described then. talk to your friend about it if you dont like the way he’s talking to you and your other friends. you need to communicate in order to work through problems.
I'm not sure if I should associate with one of my friends anymore because, as bad as this sounds, they are ridiculously unintelligent and I'm worried that it's affecting me. I go to the gym with them every day, they have no GCSE's, no ambitions, no plans , talk like a roadman and when we asked him how to spell fur (just to see how bad it was) he said f-i-r-e and he wasn't joking. We know he doesn't have any learning disabilities; he's just been lazy for years. He constantly says stupid things and I feel as though his lack of ambition is rubbing off on me. As brutal as this is I think I should cut him off but want others opinions first.

tbh in my own opinion you should cut him off people cause the people you associate yourself has a big impact on you as a person, if he's not affecting your studies then what's the issue... that's his own if he doesn't want to start working. If its affecting you cut him off if it doesn't then leave it at the end of the day its his life not yours.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending