The Student Room Group

January Year 13 Panicking

Hi just need some advice,
Just had my year 13 mocks and experienced really rough anxiety throughout them and it’s something I suffer with anyway but it was to the point where I couldn’t complete one of my exams. I also had no motivation to revise over Christmas so considerably underperformed. I managed to still get an A* in psychology but think that I will only have got a B in history and possibly a C in maths. I have never got below an A before.
I have also looked at my summer exam timetable and all 8 of my exams are close together.
I need 3 As for UCL and just need advice on exam nerves and whether anyone has managed to turn these grades around!!!!
With hard work over the next 3-4 months it’s definitely achievable. Make yourself a plan for revision, this will calm your nerves and see the mock results as more motivation to work. Also take advantage of extra revision classes and your teachers time to help your weak areas. If you work solidly until a levels I’d say you will get your aaa, it’s good you have realised this now and not later on like most people.... good luck with it

Quick Reply

Latest