The Student Room Group

is a level law or religious studies better?

i'm currently in yr 11 and i can't decide whether i should pick law or rs as an a level. any advice/ personal experience?
I do religious studies (philosophy, ethics and theology) and I love it. Miles better than gcse. It’s hard and there’s a lot to learn but it’s interesting in my opinion. Don’t have much to say about law but do whatever you enjoy
Reply 2
Original post by Ajajakaka
I do religious studies (philosophy, ethics and theology) and I love it. Miles better than gcse. It’s hard and there’s a lot to learn but it’s interesting in my opinion. Don’t have much to say about law but do whatever you enjoy

thank you, i'll try to figure out which i want to do soon
Original post by Mimi080
i'm currently in yr 11 and i can't decide whether i should pick law or rs as an a level. any advice/ personal experience?

I would highly recommend A-level religious studies, took the exam last year (for fun!), enjoyed everything about it, except the ethics stuff. Has a huge amount to offer anyone with a critical mind, theist, deist, agnostic, atheist or anything else and synergises really well with physics. I like to irritate my physics students by saying that religious studies was my favorite a-level

but really it depends what your other a-levels are, what you want to do at uni (if going) and what you actiually enjoy. It is a hard a-level, 4% of entrants got an A* for last years AQA RS GCE, the one I took, compare that to like 25% for maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending