The Student Room Group

please someone help me..

you know that feeling when you feel so numb but feel so much at the same time? IDK maybe its just me but thats how Ive been feeling recently. when things go wrong I don't cry, Im not upset, I just dont feel anything. So much happens and I dont feel anything and in my head im thinking WHY? Why cant I feel anything? Then one day I'll just be sitting in bed, zoning out and everything thats happened recently hits me like a truck and I start crying and I can't breath and I FEEL EVERYTHING and I wish I was numb again. This has happened alot recently where I just have a breakdown when my mind processes everything thats happened to me.
My dad is getting alot weaker and Im worried about his health. He was the type of man that NEVER even got a cold and now his immune system is so weak and we can physically see how worn down he is. It hurts me so much to see him like this. He used to fix everything himself and do so many different things at the same time and did NOT rest.
My familys struggling so much financially and when Im at home all I hear is money this money that. I hear my mum talking about how we can't afford things and its just constant negativity.
Im also very alone. Ive lost all of my friends since I've gotten into this relationship.
And my relationship..Its too much to handle and I feel suffocated. I do so much for him to keep him happy I even sacrificed my friendship with my bestfriend for him and yet he always finds something in me that he picks at. I feel like Im constantly doing something wrong and Im not enough for this boy. He points out all of my flaws and mistakes while I ignore his because I know if i tell him hes done me wrong he will turn it around and tell me how much Ive hurt him.
I wish he'd realise when hes hurting me. Like when he wants me to please him and i say NO and keep repeatedly saying no and he PERSUADES (not gonna use the word force) me to give in. I wish he'd listen to me when i say no. Oh how i wish that was the case. He doesn't know how much I cry after it happens because I feel used and SCARED that he lets his horniness get to him so much that he ignores what I want.
I love him though. Hes my first love and I cant imagine losing him because he's all i have right now.
I don't want to go through this anything. Life is too much. I feel like im drowning and no one sees that. No ones here to help me because when Im with family I put this false smile on. I dont have friends. they left me alone to deal with all of this just because they don't like the relationship Im in. I have my bf but he brushes my feelings to the side and whenever I try to tell him what Im going through it always turns back to him and he loves telling me how much harder his life is as if its a competition. Its not. I just want him to tell me it'll all be okay instead of invalidating my feelins.

I wish this would all stop. Everything needs to stop.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
you know that feeling when you feel so numb but feel so much at the same time? IDK maybe its just me but thats how Ive been feeling recently. when things go wrong I don't cry, Im not upset, I just dont feel anything. So much happens and I dont feel anything and in my head im thinking WHY? Why cant I feel anything? Then one day I'll just be sitting in bed, zoning out and everything thats happened recently hits me like a truck and I start crying and I can't breath and I FEEL EVERYTHING and I wish I was numb again. This has happened alot recently where I just have a breakdown when my mind processes everything thats happened to me.
My dad is getting alot weaker and Im worried about his health. He was the type of man that NEVER even got a cold and now his immune system is so weak and we can physically see how worn down he is. It hurts me so much to see him like this. He used to fix everything himself and do so many different things at the same time and did NOT rest.
My familys struggling so much financially and when Im at home all I hear is money this money that. I hear my mum talking about how we can't afford things and its just constant negativity.
Im also very alone. Ive lost all of my friends since I've gotten into this relationship.
And my relationship..Its too much to handle and I feel suffocated. I do so much for him to keep him happy I even sacrificed my friendship with my bestfriend for him and yet he always finds something in me that he picks at. I feel like Im constantly doing something wrong and Im not enough for this boy. He points out all of my flaws and mistakes while I ignore his because I know if i tell him hes done me wrong he will turn it around and tell me how much Ive hurt him.
I wish he'd realise when hes hurting me. Like when he wants me to please him and i say NO and keep repeatedly saying no and he PERSUADES (not gonna use the word force) me to give in. I wish he'd listen to me when i say no. Oh how i wish that was the case. He doesn't know how much I cry after it happens because I feel used and SCARED that he lets his horniness get to him so much that he ignores what I want.
I love him though. Hes my first love and I cant imagine losing him because he's all i have right now.
I don't want to go through this anything. Life is too much. I feel like im drowning and no one sees that. No ones here to help me because when Im with family I put this false smile on. I dont have friends. they left me alone to deal with all of this just because they don't like the relationship Im in. I have my bf but he brushes my feelings to the side and whenever I try to tell him what Im going through it always turns back to him and he loves telling me how much harder his life is as if its a competition. Its not. I just want him to tell me it'll all be okay instead of invalidating my feelins.

I wish this would all stop. Everything needs to stop.

Im sorry if none of this makes sense. I just had one of my breakdowns and started typing this. I got carried away clearly. Yh sorry its long and sorry if it doesnt make sense
Hey... I think I kind of feel the EXACT way you feel...
How do I begin...
I met the first girl I really loved as she was friends with a friend of mine. One night after work I decided to message her, and not long later, we got things going really well. Here's the thing though, she was 6000 miles away from me (I travel the 6000 miles usually because of Boarding school lololol so I'm used to the travelling every few months). I really had feelings for her, but at the same time a lot of uncertainty. 2019 was a sh*t year for me and my family too (I won't get into too much detail as of why) and there was still a few months left so I was so afraid of getting hurt. My best friend reassured me telling me anything can change in the next few months, so I took their advice and decided, yeah, I want this girl to be mine. She was cute, funny and pretty much everything else I looked for in a girl. Then I traveled those 6000 miles but I had work to do and had to visit my old school. At that time as well, me and this girl face timed, and we made it official. She was now my girlfriend. However, I never got to see her in person which I really wanted to do and ask her to be mine in person. I made the promise that I would be back as soon as I could when I left and we still kept our relationship strong! I have many friends who also live in the same countries and are long distance. We might have had a couple moments here and there, but we were both able to bounce back and forget about those. But then, things took a turn for the worst for my family financially. My Dad lost his job and also became unwell and depressed, my mum would tell me how we couldn't afford things. I promised my girlfriend that I would be back in December, but I couldn't make it back because I had nothing. To make things worse, she was going through a lot too and then left me. 2019 was the worst for me, and I became a really bad person towards my girlfriend by lying to her and making big promises and being too afraid to tell her because that's how much I loved her. However, now 2020 is here, I've started a new job earning loads more than I did at Tesco and my family is happier now. My mum and Dad are happy and my dad is back in work soon and me and my younger brother are happy too. The other night when I posted about my new job, my now ex texted me asking me if I wasn't gonna come back so I was honest and told her that I tried my hardest but couldn't come back. She then went on to say how she didn't feel bad for leaving me. I kept my calm and had a sensible conversation with her and in the end I told her that we both had loads of sh*t going on, so why don't we forget about it now that things are going good, I know what I did wrong and I am sorry, so why don't the both of us just forget about what happened and start over? And this time, nothing bad will happen :smile:
My point is, although things are hard for you, things will get better. Trust me, I've been through it and now that it's all over, I am happy to continue down the path towards the career I want with the support of my friends and family. I hope things get better for you and that you and your partner get through this together! Honestly feel free to message me if you want and I'm happy to tell you more if you want and I can try and help you too if you need :biggrin:
Take care and stay positive! Things will all work out in the end!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending