The Student Room Group

Singing

Ok so basically in my area we have this talent show and in order to audition you need to audition through the school you attend etc. Last year I auditioned and was way to nervous and I did not get in, but there are auditions on the 5th of next month, and I'm scared because I have 0 confidence in my voice. Half of me wants to do it but the other half is terrified and I have bad stage fright.... I really don't know what to do :/
Reply 1
go for it, you'll be glad you at least tried
go for it, you’re not going to get anything out of it by not trying. & when you do try, it’ll either be a positive outcome or a not so positive one. but you’re not going to know that until you give it your best shot. & even if it was the not so positive outcome, will it be all that bad? it’ll provide you information on how to improve, increasing your chances of doing even better next time.

i hope you decide to do it & wish you the best of luck 😊
Original post by AshleighxTx
Ok so basically in my area we have this talent show and in order to audition you need to audition through the school you attend etc. Last year I auditioned and was way to nervous and I did not get in, but there are auditions on the 5th of next month, and I'm scared because I have 0 confidence in my voice. Half of me wants to do it but the other half is terrified and I have bad stage fright.... I really don't know what to do :/

Hey there :h:

I found some tips that might be useful for you for fighting stage fright, I studied Drama at University and I've used some of these before going on stage!

: Try and shift your focus from the fear to contributing something of value to your audience.
: Scaring yourself into thinking something will go wrong will not help, instead focus on thoughts and images that are calming and reassuring.
: Use techniques that will help calm your body such as deep breathing, relaxation exercises, yoga, and meditation.
: Picture your success: Always focus on your strength and ability to handle challenging situations.
: Try and practice to a smaller group of people that you trust to help build your confidence

I really hope these help and best of luck if you decide to go ahead

Ruth :macarena:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending