The Student Room Group

how to get a boyfriend in sixth form

at an all girls school currently so need all the advice
My advice would be not to. Focus on the best grades and have relationships afterwards at university. Sixth form is the start of your life story, make it a good one. Mess up sixth form and your life dramatically changes. Returning is always harder when you are older and do you want to have regrets over prioritising a boy when you are at a less good university and wondering what might have been if you spent more time focussing on work?
Original post by It’s Jacob
My advice would be not to. Focus on the best grades and have relationships afterwards at university. Sixth form is the start of your life story, make it a good one. Mess up sixth form and your life dramatically changes. Returning is always hI agreearder when you are older and do you want to have regrets over prioritising a boy when you are at a less good university and wondering what might have been if you spent more time focussing on work?

I 100% agree. Sixth form is hard and gets even more intense in year 13. It completely sets your whole life up so you need to focus. As cliche as it sounds, a boy will be a distraction to your learning. My brother was predicted BBC and was achieving these grades, he got a girlfriend in year 13 and ended up spending all his time with her - He ended up getting two failed A levels and a D (UUD). He also ended up breaking up with his girlfriend when he went to uni (He was lucky he got an unconditional offer which is very rare). I'm not saying this is always the case, but it is very common, particularly with new relationships that have just formed as you want to spend all your time with each other (Honeymoon phase). Just be careful with relationships at this time, there's no need to actively look for one :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by It’s Jacob
My advice would be not to. Focus on the best grades and have relationships afterwards at university. Sixth form is the start of your life story, make it a good one. Mess up sixth form and your life dramatically changes. Returning is always harder when you are older and do you want to have regrets over prioritising a boy when you are at a less good university and wondering what might have been if you spent more time focussing on work?

thank you. This is very true and yes I would rather get good grades for a good uni
Reply 4
Original post by MEGAN.wilford
I 100% agree. Sixth form is hard and gets even more intense in year 13. It completely sets your whole life up so you need to focus. As cliche as it sounds, a boy will be a distraction to your learning. My brother was predicted BBC and was achieving these grades, he got a girlfriend in year 13 and ended up spending all his time with her - He ended up getting two failed A levels and a D (UUD). He also ended up breaking up with his girlfriend when he went to uni (He was lucky he got an unconditional offer which is very rare). I'm not saying this is always the case, but it is very common, particularly with new relationships that have just formed as you want to spend all your time with each other (Honeymoon phase). Just be careful with relationships at this time, there's no need to actively look for one :smile:

thank you!! yes great advice. I need high grades for law as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending