The Student Room Group

what would you guys advice

Hello, I am currently about to start university this following September, and for which I am super excited. I got an offer from brunel to study Civil engineering and I can't wait to start. But I got this slight issue, the thing is that my family and I just moved to the East part if London and brunel happens to be at the West side, and I really can't move to student accommodation or rent a place there due to financial condition and also I am being classed as a international student.
so what would you guys advice, as it take almost 1hr 45min just one way. so help ......
Original post by ariyanrecardo
Hello, I am currently about to start university this following September, and for which I am super excited. I got an offer from brunel to study Civil engineering and I can't wait to start. But I got this slight issue, the thing is that my family and I just moved to the East part if London and brunel happens to be at the West side, and I really can't move to student accommodation or rent a place there due to financial condition and also I am being classed as a international student.
so what would you guys advice, as it take almost 1hr 45min just one way. so help ......

Why are you being classed as international?
Is there any chance you can be a home student?
What is your nationality?

If you decide to go ahead, then you are going to have to get used to commuting plus the cost.
Original post by 999tigger
Why are you being classed as international?
Is there any chance you can be a home student?
What is your nationality?

If you decide to go ahead, then you are going to have to get used to commuting plus the cost.

Well I have lived in the UK for 10 years now, I have done both GCSE and A-level at UK, but my visa is Leave to remain in this country, and so my nationality is Bangladeshi.

Hello :smile:

Whilst it might not be preferable sometimes it might be a case of commuting 2 hours for the first year if you can't afford accommodation. The way to see it is that it should hopefully save you some money in the long run.

Looking ahead to next year you could find a job over the summer or for your days off (if it is manageable) to have some spending and to save for moving out. Living at home should also hopefully allow you time to meet a group that you are comfortable with and would like to live with.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
Well I have lived in the UK for 10 years now, I have done both GCSE and A-level at UK, but my visa is Leave to remain in this country, and so my nationality is Bangladeshi.

Hi,
I would ask SFE if you are eligable for a loan as you have been here for so long already, you can ask here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

If not I can only suggest two things, deal with the long commute or get a job... not ideal help but its all i can think of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending