The Student Room Group

Is it me or is sex overrated for a guy?

Okay so just to be clear, I am a healthy straight guy in my early 20s with no doubts about my orientation. I have the kind of sex drive you'd expect from that (stupidly high, duh).

I love the feeling of hand jobs and oral sex BUT conventional PIV sex just doesn't do it for me. I've got to hold these awkward positions, keep a good rhythm while overheating and getting absolutely exhausted and the feeling itself doesn't feel very intense. All these things take away from the whole experience for me and that's without using a condom. It doesn't matter what position we try, I can't stay completely hard most of the time and there's no way I'm going to finish from sex.

I'm trying to understand if this is normal because I've heard stories about guys finishing extremely quickly from sex and here I am struggling to even keep hard.

Thanks for any responses :smile:
Reply 1
Unsure what the bad word filter will knock out, but you are an over aggressive masturbator. The grip and pressure achievable from masturbation will never be met by a vagina, you need to go easy on yourself. Either leave it alone completely, so the only contact it gets is from a vagina, or cut right back and ensure a very loose grip when masturbating.
You will likely find vaginal sex much better than the alternatives......
Original post by Apachecow
Unsure what the bad word filter will knock out, but you are an over aggressive masturbator. The grip and pressure achievable from masturbation will never be met by a vagina, you need to go easy on yourself. Either leave it alone completely, so the only contact it gets is from a vagina, or cut right back and ensure a very loose grip when masturbating.
You will likely find vaginal sex much better than the alternatives......

I did consider this but I don't masturbate very often, only about once or twice a week at most. So its hard to believe that's causing me to lose sensation but you could be right and I'll definitely continue trying to abstain. When you say I'll start to find vaginal sex better, what do you mean by that? Would it feel better because I would be more sensitive or do you mean it would feel better psychologically?

Again, thank you so much for any advice :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
I'm female so I can't really comment from a guy's perspective but for what my opinion is worth, this will be a plus for quite a few girls if you are willing to reciprocate with oral sex and other things that don't involve penetrative sex. I hate PIV sex (very uncomfortable for me and I rarely get much our of it), but receiving foreplay plus watching a guy really enjoy what I'm doing to him with oral/hand jobs etc. is super hot and is probably my idea of a perfect sex life tbh lol. Like I would actually much prefer to be in a relationship with a guy like this!

Original post by effectiveStrange
I did consider this but I don't masturbate very often, only about once or twice a week at most.

This is still pretty often, tbf. Again, not a guy, but the advice I have heard given to guys by other guys is to abstain from any kind of masturbation for several weeks before trying PIV sex to make it more enjoyable. But honestly, if you are with a girl who doesn't care much for PIV sex (I guarantee than there are plenty of girls like this out there) and whatever you are doing sexually is working for you both, who cares if PIV is not enjoyable?
Reply 4
Original post by effectiveStrange
I did consider this but I don't masturbate very often, only about once or twice a week at most. So its hard to believe that's causing me to lose sensation but you could be right and I'll definitely continue trying to abstain. When you say I'll start to find vaginal sex better, what do you mean by that? Would it feel better because I would be more sensitive or do you mean it would feel better psychologically?

Again, thank you so much for any advice :smile:

I think the thing about having sex with other people is reciprocity - you each give and take. There is nothing hotter than making another person feel things they haven't felt before. Experimenting and trying new things. Learning to control the ending of the experience to coincide the moment.

Do you have a steady girlfriend, or are we talking more casual hookups? Is alcohol usually involved?

That said, I'm extrapolating my own experiences on you and that's not fair. I'm sure there are guys who prefer other kinds of sex to PIV.
Original post by Apachecow
I think the thing about having sex with other people is reciprocity - you each give and take. There is nothing hotter than making another person feel things they haven't felt before. Experimenting and trying new things. Learning to control the ending of the experience to coincide the moment.

Do you have a steady girlfriend, or are we talking more casual hookups? Is alcohol usually involved?

That said, I'm extrapolating my own experiences on you and that's not fair. I'm sure there are guys who prefer other kinds of sex to PIV.

Yeah I have a steady girlfriend and I wish I could love sex as much as she does. I just don't think I'm sensitive enough for it to feel that good
Reply 6
My idea of a perfect sex life is one with oral all the time. I'd have my head between her thighs constantly if she let me. Nothing against intercourse but if she's occasionally swallowing that's way better for me.

Original post by Anonymous
I'm female so I can't really comment from a guy's perspective but for what my opinion is worth, this will be a plus for quite a few girls if you are willing to reciprocate with oral sex and other things that don't involve penetrative sex. I hate PIV sex (very uncomfortable for me and I rarely get much our of it), but receiving foreplay plus watching a guy really enjoy what I'm doing to him with oral/hand jobs etc. is super hot and is probably my idea of a perfect sex life tbh lol. Like I would actually much prefer to be in a relationship with a guy like this!

This is still pretty often, tbf. Again, not a guy, but the advice I have heard given to guys by other guys is to abstain from any kind of masturbation for several weeks before trying PIV sex to make it more enjoyable. But honestly, if you are with a girl who doesn't care much for PIV sex (I guarantee than there are plenty of girls like this out there) and whatever you are doing sexually is working for you both, who cares if PIV is not enjoyable?
I'm a guy 20 and i feel the same

Quick Reply

Latest