The Student Room Group

Uni sucks

So I’m in my second year of uni and I’m struggling to keep up with the content I’m being taught. I honestly think I’m gonna have to repeat this year.

Any advice on managing uni workload?
Original post by Anonymous
So I’m in my second year of uni and I’m struggling to keep up with the content I’m being taught. I honestly think I’m gonna have to repeat this year.

Any advice on managing uni workload?

Are you struggling with the difficulty of the content or the volume of work required?

Have you thought about speaking to your tutors/course convenor/ advisor of studies about the way you are feeling? They may be able to suggest methods of dealing with your struggles and they can better understand your situation since they are connected to the course.

I had similar feelings when I was in second year of law school. Mine was both a mixture of the workload amount and the difficulty of the concepts. I found it really helpful to form a study group with my friends. We would share notes and help each other with parts of the course we didn't understand. We would make it fun by doing it over pizza or would reward ourselves with a treat after a longer studying session. I could talk openly and honestly with them about how I was feeling and they could do the same with me. Sometimes we forget that there are others feeling the exact same way that we do.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending