The Student Room Group

Universal credit during summer holidays

Hi currently in final year at uni but my course Is 15 months due to having qts.

We (husband and 3 kids) lost all our universal credit due to student finance. Hubby doeant work as he is full time carer to our disabled son.
What happens during the summer holidays. Does April's student finance have to last us till september? Or do I let universal credit know when we break up for summer and we should get normal UC payments for the 6 ish weeks.
Thanks
Reply 1
The thing is are you expecting to get another student loan/returning to university in September? IF yes then yep your April payment is supposed to last you till then. If you are not sure ask the jobcentre for their advice on it because my understanding is you cannot claim UC and SF at the same time so if your course ends (in theory) July then you can ask the jobcentre if you can go back onto UC. But they are the best people to ask tbh because they will know in more
Hi, how did this work out? I'm in the same situation!
Reply 3
We were paid full uc during the summer and then it reduced again when I returned to study in September. Uc were actually really helpful and said that sfe only last for academic years so September to june/july depending on your course. We had full uc payments for july and august and a little bit for September as I didnt return to uni till the middle of September. Hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending