Universal credit during summer holidays Watch

Mrspreece
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi currently in final year at uni but my course Is 15 months due to having qts.

We (husband and 3 kids) lost all our universal credit due to student finance. Hubby doeant work as he is full time carer to our disabled son.
What happens during the summer holidays. Does April's student finance have to last us till september? Or do I let universal credit know when we break up for summer and we should get normal UC payments for the 6 ish weeks.
Thanks
Evelyn34
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The thing is are you expecting to get another student loan/returning to university in September? IF yes then yep your April payment is supposed to last you till then. If you are not sure ask the jobcentre for their advice on it because my understanding is you cannot claim UC and SF at the same time so if your course ends (in theory) July then you can ask the jobcentre if you can go back onto UC. But they are the best people to ask tbh because they will know in more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (412)
67.21%
No (201)
32.79%

Watched Threads