The Student Room Group

Term Length - Middlesex Uni

I noticed that Middlesex University has four terms. Which terms do students usually attend their modules? I understand that 30 credit modules take place across two terms and 15 credits are one term, but I am unsure which terms.

Also, if students choose a full time placement during the summer term, what is the typical timeframe?
Original post by GlobalStudent12
I noticed that Middlesex University has four terms. Which terms do students usually attend their modules? I understand that 30 credit modules take place across two terms and 15 credits are one term, but I am unsure which terms.
Also, if students choose a full time placement during the summer term, what is the typical timeframe?

Interesting. Where did you see that?

In their academic calendar, they state that the Autumn Term is 25 Sept - 16 Dec, Winter Term is 8 Jan - 22 March, Spring Term is 8 Apr - 5 Jul, and Summer Term is 8 Jul - 20 Sep 2024. In an area where they define an academic term, they say that “You will most likely have three terms each year.”

However, with other unis they just have the autumn, spring, and summer terms.
In their academic calendar, they state that the Autumn Term is 25 Sept - 16 Dec, Winter Term is 8 Jan - 22 March, Spring Term is 8 Apr - 5 Jul, and Summer Term is 8 Jul - 20 Sep 2024. In an area where they define an academic term, they say that “You will most likely have three terms each year.”
However, with other unis they just have the autumn, spring, and summer terms.

Can you link to that?

It looks to me that the summer term is for postgraduates only.
Original post by ageshallnot

But that still leaves the autumn, winter, and spring term. Does that mean that people will do those three terms even though the spring term appears to be the timing for the summer term of other unis?
But that still leaves the autumn, winter, and spring term. Does that mean that people will do those three terms even though the spring term appears to be the timing for the summer term of other unis?

Isn't that just nomenclature?
Original post by ageshallnot

Oh, I get what you were saying. Thank you so much for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending