The Student Room Group

Brace yourselves for storm Dennis tomorrow!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1st superstar
Oh dear
How was it for you @Oxford Mum and @harrysbar?

I didn't go out of the house all day. Was cleaning the house from top to bottom, as I was inviting my crush round for dinner. His house is immaculate, so I cleaned the microwave and the fridge until they gleamed. He had joked that he was going to inspect the house, so I made sure he jolly well did.

He was even more impressed with my culinary skills, as he has never tried dim sum or duck pancakes before. He even loved the Asti Spumante I served!!! We watched a recording of dial M for Middlesborough and Johnny English and he had such a fantastic time he has invited me round to his tonight. Needless to say, not only did I not notice the wind, but the whole street could have crashed into oblivion and I wouldn't even have noticed.
Original post by Oxford Mum
He was even more impressed with my culinary skills, as he has never tried dim sum or duck pancakes before. He even loved the Asti Spumante I served!!! We watched a recording of dial M for Middlesborough and Johnny English and he had such a fantastic time he has invited me round to his tonight. Needless to say, not only did I not notice the wind, but the whole street could have crashed into oblivion and I wouldn't even have noticed.

Episode 2 of the Pale Horse is on tonight OM :dance:
Needless to say, not only did I not notice the wind, but the whole street could have crashed into oblivion and I wouldn't even have noticed.

Who was creating the wind .. you or him?🙄
Original post by harrysbar
Episode 2 of the Pale Horse is on tonight OM :dance:

Remind me to record Endeavour. I forgot last week because at AC's house. Not so keen on the Pale Horse
Original post by Anonnorth
Who was creating the wind .. you or him?🙄

Ha ha, neither. The power of Asti Spumante had taken over.
Original post by 1st superstar
How do you feel about it? 2nd storm this February... Lasting from tomorrow to Monday are you prepared? Going to work or Uni tomorrow?

Well like last week's storm, this one has given me a good laugh. The old guy next door to me is nice, and spent his whole life working really hard. Unfortunately he has an intensely lazy and selfish daughter, in her 50's, who has been living there and sponging off him all her life. A couple of years back she married an Aussie who is just as bad and also a dyed in the wool racist: he calls black people monkeys. Now, being intensely lazy this Aussie has done a very poor job putting up some fencing. So some fell down in last week's storm, and some fell down again last night. Despite all this he still won't do a proper job because he really is that lazy. So there will be more laughs with the next bad storm.

By the way, I reported his racist comments to the Home Office, but apparently they didn't care, and have since given him a two year visa that allows him to work, though he is far too lazy to get a job, and lies to the old guy by telling him that no one will give him a job on a 2 year visa that he can't get one: yeah, right.
my heart goes out to you, :heart: Sammylou

Ty x

Quick Reply

Latest