The Student Room Group

Can someone please quickly reply? -braces related

So it's been a month since I've had my braces and i woke up this morning to have a really weird toothache. I take care of my braces very well with brushing 3 times a day so it surely cant be a cavity. Also, when i touched the bracket to see if it was something to do with that, it made like a "tick" sound. I think it was like an air bubble but i dont know what thats got to do with anything. Ps. My tooth was COMPLETLY fine yesterday, but it just started when i woke up. Anyone gone through this? I took some painkillere but is there anything else that i can do? Thanks in advance!
I wouldn't say its neccessarily anything bad, if it goes away after a day then I'd say its nothing to worry about. I can't remember this situation happening to me when I had braces, but I do remember then hurting alot at points, I'm nowhere near an expert or knowledgable besides my own experience and what I've seen online, but if the pain isn't too bad and it fades I wouldn't worry.

PS , be careful with brushing your teeth three times, I've heard that overbrushing can be uneccessary (and possibily unhealthy, but you'd have to check online/ask your orthodontist or dentist about that)
Original post by Anonymous #2
I wouldn't say its neccessarily anything bad, if it goes away after a day then I'd say its nothing to worry about. I can't remember this situation happening to me when I had braces, but I do remember then hurting alot at points, I'm nowhere near an expert or knowledgable besides my own experience and what I've seen online, but if the pain isn't too bad and it fades I wouldn't worry.
PS , be careful with brushing your teeth three times, I've heard that overbrushing can be uneccessary (and possibily unhealthy, but you'd have to check online/ask your orthodontist or dentist about that)

It's advised to brush 3 times a day with braces,, so i dont know what your Ortho did. Anyways, the braces do kinda pop from time to time as your teeth get straightened.
Original post by ghjkftteeeeeeee
It's advised to brush 3 times a day with braces,, so i dont know what your Ortho did. Anyways, the braces do kinda pop from time to time as your teeth get straightened.

Yeah I think I briefly remember having to brush them 3 times a day sorry about that!, Its been a couple years now since braces and I think I just meshed what I've heard about brushing regularly and brushing with braces , my bad. But yeah, them popping once in a while shouldn't be much of a bad thing.

Quick Reply

Latest