The Student Room Group

ATAS referees -

For the ATAS application the website says that we are required to submit details of 2 referees who know us for over 3 years. I got my undergrad degree over 6 years ago from country of residence. But I have lost contact with professors who taught me. My undergrad thesis supervisor does not even remember me. I am still in contact with my Postgraduate degree supervisor from the UK, but I have known them for less than 2 years. Can I list them down as a referee instead?
Original post by k_kay
For the ATAS application the website says that we are required to submit details of 2 referees who know us for over 3 years. I got my undergrad degree over 6 years ago from country of residence. But I have lost contact with professors who taught me. My undergrad thesis supervisor does not even remember me. I am still in contact with my Postgraduate degree supervisor from the UK, but I have known them for less than 2 years. Can I list them down as a referee instead?

Hey @k_kayI'm sorry that you are in that position. I would suggest trying to reconnect with maybe 2-3 of your undergraduate lecturers. It would also be best to list your Postgraduate supervisor. If you haven't received a response from your undergraduate lecturers, I strongly suggest contacting the ATAS team at [email protected] for more clarity. Ensure to explain the situation to them clearly.

I really hope this helps. All the best with your application.

- Dennis (PhD Air Transport Management student) :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by De Montfort University
Hey @k_kayI'm sorry that you are in that position. I would suggest trying to reconnect with maybe 2-3 of your undergraduate lecturers. It would also be best to list your Postgraduate supervisor. If you haven't received a response from your undergraduate lecturers, I strongly suggest contacting the ATAS team at [email protected] for more clarity. Ensure to explain the situation to them clearly.

Hey Dennis! Thank you for sharing that. Reached out to one of my university lecturers, and they are happy to help.
Reply 3
Original post by De Montfort University

Hey Dennis, do you maybe know if the university and the student both receive the ATAS certificate? Apparently, the university hasn’t received it but I have and they won’t accept the certificate unless it comes directly from FCDO.

I provided my email address while filling out the application.

I emailed the FCDO as per university’s address. But I am honestly quite confused about this.
Reply 4
Will the referees have to provide reference letters?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending