The Student Room Group

How do I resolve things?

Hi , thank you for reading. I’m a gay guy of 18 and I had this incredible friendship with a male friend of mine.
It wasn’t complicated, we didn’t overthink things, we just had this immense relationship . It was perfect, we just were amazing around each other, comfortable.
He made me feel safe and loved without any worries. I never told him my sexuality but I started developing feelings for him. But I knew I would NEVER tell him. Unfortunately this girl worked out I had feelings for him,, and as you can imagine told him.
He said he was straight. Which I respect but it’s made things between us strained, what straight guy wants to hear a gay guy likes them? I’m upset because before he was just so protective of me and as I say it made me feel safe . I don’t know if this is something that can be fixed .
I think he might just feel a bit shocked finding out your sexuality and that you like him. When I first came out to my friends they acted a bit more distant towards me as well, but within a couple weeks/months they warmed up to the idea of me being gay and everything is back to normal now. How long ago did all this happen?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending