The Student Room Group

Is creating a YouTube Channel worth it??

I’ve always wanted to create a YouTube Channel, I’ve already got tonnes of vídeo ideas & im quite confident behind the camera however I have not idea where to start. Just wondering if anyone on here who has a YouTube channel, has any tips or advice and essentially is it worth doing ??
I don't have a channel, but I guess the only strategy is to just start putting out videos. If you have unique ideas, I'm sure you'll get a following quickly. Try finding a niche - like there are thousands of beauty you tubers, etc. Try finding an area that not a lot of people are making videos on, and you'll succeed.

Just start producing some videos, and hope that people will like them
I think it might also help to simultaneously create an Instagram account for your youtube channel persona (if you don't want to use your own insta), and start getting a following on there.
No, too many fake comments to rail you into a nasty situation to make you look stupid.
If you enjoy doing it then it’s worth it but it will take some time before you earn much money
Reply 4
Dont ever start because of the money, then its not worth it. If you have other intentions, go for it! But if you want to get any kind of audience, you need to do something few/none other people are doing :smile:
Original post by Hoviking
Dont ever start because of the money, then its not worth it. If you have other intentions, go for it! But if you want to get any kind of audience, you need to do something few/none other people are doing :smile:

... and this. Yeah, people start and usually "creators" make content and the monetization option appears because a channel hits a target and is offered to them. People get carried away and maybe the audience grows and they get subscribers, but YouTube team starts looking into it and then they pull the plug on the monetization. You notice how many users that's happened too.

"Wah, YouTube demonetizated my channel". Hard to think people spend all their time making content that YouTube never wanted and YouTube finds a time to pull the plug on them.

Even with the creator awards, if someone is working for that button, people don't get it because they don't follow the family friendly guidelines, as reported here: https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/2/16965826/youtube-creator-awards-silver-button-controversy
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending