The Student Room Group

Would this be a rebound?

For instance a guy was in love with a girl but they fell out due to him being adamant and not giving her chance. He still loved her even though he was angry at her but was convincing himself he was not at fault and didnt want to accept his mistakes. He cuts her off and moves away. His ego and feelings took a hit.

Decides to start hanging out and getting close to a friend who dresses in slightly revealing clothes. He was never into her before but suddenly shes the only familiar person in a foreign land and he ends up sleeping with her and starts dating her.

Would this be love or has he rebounded to replace the shoes of the girl he actually loved?
Reply 1
Bimmppp
Reply 2
Are you a Nice person, by any chance?
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
Are you a Nice person, by any chance?

Nice person? I believe I'm a nice person with a helping nature. Why do you ask?
It sounds like a combination of things.
Loneliness mainly. Missing the ex and being alone somewhere new.
It may be convenient but that doesn’t mean genuine feelings can’t develop. If you both care about each other then see how it goes. Don’t use her though if you intend to go back to the ex. Unless she knows that
Reply 5
Original post by Sammylou40
It sounds like a combination of things.
Loneliness mainly. Missing the ex and being alone somewhere new.
It may be convenient but that doesn’t mean genuine feelings can’t develop. If you both care about each other then see how it goes. Don’t use her though if you intend to go back to the ex. Unless she knows that

So far, genuine feelings haven't developed simply because the guy doesnt feel the kind of affection he had for the ex and the girl is not emotionally connected to him at all.
It sounds like the guy isn’t ready for a relationship yet.
If both are totally honest about what’s going on then there’s no harm in just having fun. Be clear about intentions so nobody is hurt
Reply 7
It sounds like the guy isn’t ready for a relationship yet.
If both are totally honest about what’s going on then there’s no harm in just having fun. Be clear about intentions so nobody is hurt

But isnt this a relationship?
Not really no
Reply 9
Not really no

How so?
Reply 10
Check the capitalisation in my question.

You sound familiar.
Original post by Surnia
Check the capitalisation in my question.

You sound familiar.

It would be better if you answered the question instead of trying to find out who am I
Reply 12
If you are who I think you are, the question has been answered.
I think that if you have to ask what your situation means, you already have the answers.

I personally think that you're not over your ex at all and this other one is just simply a rebound.

Maybe, instead of being stubborn and having a big ego with no reasons, you should have own the situation and apologise for mistakes you have made. Its not only your ego you hurt, but also the girl who you truly love(d).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending