The Student Room Group

IB group 3 subject choice for future engineering

which subject: psychology, history, business, economics and ESS is the best choice if i want to take up engineering in uni?
Hello, I'm also an IB student, just about to start my final exams. If you want to study engineering in university, I would recommend that you take Economics. Generally, it is a much more respected course for admission' officers compared to Bussiness (some school in the US do not recognize Bussiness as a subject). I take economics and it is a fairly logical course, not too difficult (though business is easier). History is a lot of work, especially if you are going to take a double science (which, if you want to apply to an engineering degree, you should), and unless you are really passionate about it, will not be very useful. ESS is an easy subject, you can get it done in one year but I'm too sure it is recognized (unless you want to do something related to the environment, biology or chemistry). Hope this helps!
Original post by adventuresmaria
Hello, I'm also an IB student, just about to start my final exams. If you want to study engineering in university, I would recommend that you take Economics. Generally, it is a much more respected course for admission' officers compared to Bussiness (some school in the US do not recognize Bussiness as a subject). I take economics and it is a fairly logical course, not too difficult (though business is easier). History is a lot of work, especially if you are going to take a double science (which, if you want to apply to an engineering degree, you should), and unless you are really passionate about it, will not be very useful. ESS is an easy subject, you can get it done in one year but I'm too sure it is recognized (unless you want to do something related to the environment, biology or chemistry). Hope this helps!

thank you soooo much!! even my teachers recommended economics after i discussed this with them, but it is really helpful to receive the views from a fellow student THANK YOU!
Original post by curiousstudent8
thank you soooo much!! even my teachers recommended economics after i discussed this with them, but it is really helpful to receive the views from a fellow student THANK YOU!

Hahahaha, no worries!! Glad u sorted it out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending