The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Is it easy for UCL master to apply PhD?

Hi everybody, this is Tingao.

I'm glad to receive an offer from the Development Planning and Administration (MSc) from UCL.

I know UCL is a great university, but I'm wondering something more practical such as the application to PhD, as I would like to apply for the PhD of Development Studies in Cambridge or Oxford after graduation.

My question is if the master from UCL reaches the threshold of PhD in these universities.

Thanks!

Best,
Tingao
Original post by FernandoErne

I know UCL is a great university, but I'm wondering something more practical such as the application to PhD, as I would like to apply for the PhD of Development Studies in Cambridge or Oxford after graduation.

My question is if the master from UCL reaches the threshold of PhD in these universities.

As a university, UCL certainly reaches that quality threshold, its one of the top ranked UK institutions and regularly appears in world ranking. HOWEVER, I dont know about this particular course, and the level of degree you are awarded for the MSc will be extremely important if you want to make a realistic bid for an Oxbridge PhD, e.g. you will need a Distinction (highest award) and a class rank near the top of your cohort.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending