The Student Room Group

Need help choosing A-level subject ASAP

I have to choose 4 A-levels to apply to the place I would like to, I have already decided I would like to do maths, chemistry and physics and I have the grades to do so however I am unsure which other A-level to choose, would it be good if I chose something that ties in with the 3 subjects I chose or would it be good to have something a bit different to these subjects so that I have more options in the future? Also is it worth me considering doing an EPQ as well? I only have 3 days left till the application deadline so I need to decide really soon but I have no clue.
(edited 4 years ago)
What place requires 4 A levels? - that's so unusual. If you do 4 A-levels, dont unless you are interested in it and you are able to handle its workload. EPQ is a lot of work but if you can handle it then yes you should consider if its for you
Original post by PetitePanda
What place requires 4 A levels? - that's so unusual. If you do 4 A-levels, dont unless you are interested in it and you are able to handle its workload. EPQ is a lot of work but if you can handle it then yes you should consider if its for you

You have to choose 4 just to apply I think and then you decide later if you would like to study 3 or 4 subjects, I would like to do 4 but I have no clue which other subject I should choose as my 4th one.
Reply 3
I do 4 as well and I’m doing the same 3 as you ( physics, chemistry and maths ) as well as history. I thought I was being smart when I choose history as I didn’t want my essay writing skills to go down hill, but if I could go back I would change it to further maths. It ties in more with the other three subjects and for me it was really hard to balance out doing a subject that had absolutely no links towards the other. I was also unmotivated for it as I knew I was going to drop it for A2 as I wanted to study physics at university and History could not be any more irrelevant towards that. Anyway, I think you should choose a subject you are very passionate about and if you don’t have one, pick a subject that links into what you are already studying. Hope you figure it out, and do not worry to hard you still have time.
Original post by honeyontoast
You have to choose 4 just to apply I think and then you decide later if you would like to study 3 or 4 subjects, I would like to do 4 but I have no clue which other subject I should choose as my 4th one.

Ohhhh. I suggest you pick something you would be interested in. Further maths is much easier if you have a level maths so that's a good shout. However, you could totally balance your level combinations if you do a workload heavy a level like an essay subject. It really depends but I really recommend you do something you are interested in so you can motivate yourself to revise for it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending